Quantcast

North Bay Business Journal

Monday, May 10, 2010, 3:57 pm

Nominations for Best Places to Work close this week

By

Print Friendly Print Friendly

NORTH BAY — Nominations for the North Bay Business Journal–NelsonJobs.com’s  Best Places to Work competition will close this Friday, May 14. Only one nomination per company is needed to participate, and anyone can nominate their company by going to the online form (link) or by printing the PDF (link) and mailing it to 427 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401 or faxing to 707-521-5292. It is the fifth-annual competition.

“We know, even in this very difficult economy, that many companies in the North Bay are rising to the challenge making their organizations great places for employees,” said Business Journal Editor Brad Bollinger. “In fact, being a great place to work can positively differentiate your company in the marketplace today and for when the economy improves.”

Following the nomination period, companies that are nominated will be contacted with information on how to participate in the application and survey process, the results of which will determine the winning companies. Winners will be selected on the basis of qualifications, not the number of nominations received. Only one nomination is necessary to participate in the application process.

Winning companies will be featured in a special section devoted to the best companies to work for and will be recognized at an awards celebration in September. Last year, more than 100 companies were nominated with over 50 winners, and nearly 4,500 employees participated in the anonymous survey process.

Companies must have a location in Sonoma, Napa, Marin or Solano counties and have at least 20 employees to qualify. Supporting information may accompany the form but will not replace the nomination form.

Copyright © 1988–2014 North Bay Business Journal
    View the policy for linking to website content.

Print Friendly Print Friendly

Comments

7 Comments

1. May 10, 2010, 4:20 pm

by Dennis A. Mac Donneil

Both in good and tough times, the Lok Group makes every effort to treat its staff like family. When it’s tough, no punches are pulled and everyone works to minimize the impact, be it cutting back on hours or doing what’s needed to make certain our guests enjoy the stay they’ve come to expect. And, when times are good, those benefits are shared with staff. Everyone contributes to the guest experience, whether their working the front or the back of house duties. Smiles are contagious and go a long way toward keeping the Lok Group a great place to work.

2. May 10, 2010, 4:32 pm

by Laura Lee McConnell

First Community Bank turned five years old this year and what a bank we have! Privately owned, we truly embody what it is like for our clients to receive “Decidedly Different” service. As employees this pride filters down to every employee. The attitude in our organization is innovative and contagious. With a supportive Executive Management Team and carefully chosen staff that fit hand in hand with the culture the founding board intended, we are a community bank that is sound, inviting and friendly. I am a newer employee to FCB and feel very grateful to have found such a wonderful organization to call my second home. FCB Rocks!

3. May 11, 2010, 10:23 am

by Anne

Asien’s Appliance ,Best Place to Work. Understanding employer’s, family atmosphere, employer’s try hard to maintain benefits and a comfortable working environment

4. May 11, 2010, 1:51 pm

by Sandra Bowman

Mary’s offers a family atmosphere – not only for customers but their employees as well.

5. May 11, 2010, 6:48 pm

by Michael Mouille

I have been working for Mary’s Pizza Shack for over 33 years. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that i would be here as long as I have. I can only say that if it wasn’t for Mary and her family, I would not have been able to give my family the life that we have. Alot of people talk about being treated like family but in my case being treated like family would be an understatement. i have been blessed with more love, respect and kindness that I could ask for from my own family. i have never known more giving people in my lifetime. I have received the gyuidence of a father, the warmth of a mother and the joy of many siblings without ever leaving my place of work. In my opinion, there is no other business in the world that I would rather work for than Mary’s.

6. May 12, 2010, 10:27 am

by Andy Laden

Awesome place to work and eat!!!

7. May 13, 2010, 4:34 pm

by Bridget Pedersen

IDEX Health & Science (formerly Rheodyne) is a sought after place to work. IDEX offers employees challenging work, career growth and fun. The company values the employee’s feedback through surveys, President’s luncheons and one on one communicaiton. We have a state of the art manufacturing facility where we practice LEAN processes to continously improve. IDEX Health & Science truly is a great place to work!!!