June 28 gala keynote to mark 40th anniversary of groundbreaking Title IX
The North Bay Business Journal has announced 15 recipients of its 2012 Women in Business Awards.
The recipients from across the North Bay and their categories are:
- Rachel Berliner, Amy’s Kitchen, Organic Foods.
- Liz Bishop, Heffernan Insurance Brokers, Insurance.
- Joni Fritsche, Burr Pilger Mayer, Accounting.
- Jonna Greene, La Tortilla Factory, Human Resources.
- Camilla Gray-Nelson, Dairydell, Inc., Entrepreneurship.
- Sherie Hurd, Empire College, Education.
- Suzi Kaido, Manzana Products Co., Inc., Agriculture.
- Maggie McDonogh, Angel Island Tiburon Ferry Company, Recreation.
- Katherine Philippakis, Farella Braun + Martel, Law.
- Kathleen Pozzi, Sonoma County Public Defender, Public Law.
- Beth Reizman, Bank of Marin, Banking and Finance.
- Debbie Ross, Clear Focus Imaging, Technology.
- Viveka Rydell, Pediatric Dental Initiative, Nonprofit.
- Jo Sandersfeld, St. Joseph Health, Health Care.
- Suzanne Smith, Sonoma County Transportation Authority, Transportation.
“What an outstanding group of women leaders, innovators and visionaries. They all deserve our sincerest congratulations,” Business Journal Editor and Associate Publisher Brad Bollinger said. “We had an exceptional response to our call for nominations. So our selection process was very difficult,” he said. “Our thanks go out to everyone, especially former award recipients, for participating in the nomination process.”
Over the past 12 years, more than 100 women leaders have been honored by the awards. The awards were created and have been underwritten since their inception by Debbie Meekins, California market president for Sonoma Bank.
An awards gala reception and dinner will be on Thursday, June 28, at the Doubletree by Hilton Sonoma Wine Country in Rohnert Park.
The event theme will be the 40th anniversary of Title IX, the groundbreaking federal law on women’s sports. In a collaboration with the Charles M. Schulz Museum special exhibit of the cartoonist’s work around the issue, Leveling the Playing Field, the keynote speaker for the gala is Missy Park, founder of Berkeley-based Title Nine sportswear.
Copyright © 1988–2015 North Bay Business Journal
View the policy for linking to website content.