The North Bay Business Journal is proud to announce the 2012 Top Manufacturers Awards to 13 North Bay companies.
The winners were selected from more than 40 nominations.
“We want to recognize the contribution all North Bay manufacturers add to our local economy, through high-wage jobs, training and exports that bring critical dollars back into our economy and communities,” said Business Journal Editor and Associate Publisher Brad Bollinger. “They are terrific employers and members of the community. And they bring innovation to our region in a big way,” he said.
“But because their business is often focused on customers out the the area, these companies often don’t receive the local recognition they deserve. These awards aim to change that.”
The winners produce products ranging from foods to animal care to high- tech and medical products. The companies range in size from just a few dozen employees to several hundred. Some are young companies, while others have widely recognized names. The Journal also is recognizing a program of the manufacturing association 101mfg called “100 in 100″ designed to bring high school students into companies to observe and in some cases fill internships.
The 2012 winning manufacturing companies and their categories are:
- Agilent Technologies, Santa Rosa — Partner in Education
- Costeaux French Bakery, Healdsburg — Specialty Foods
- Direct Flow Medical, Santa Rosa — Innovation — Medical
- EMG, Inc., Santa Rosa — Employee Culture
- HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc., Petaluma — Environment
- IDEX , Rohnert Park — Supplier
- ITT BIW Connector Systems, Santa Rosa — Quality
- Lixit, Napa — Community
- Small Precision Tools, Inc., Petaluma — Technology
- SMC Ltd., Santa Rosa — Customer Focus
- Trinchero Family Estates, Napa — Leadership
- EO Products, Corte Madera — Made in Marin
- 101mfg 100 in 100 — Special Award
A reception in their honor will be held at the Sonoma Mountain Village Event Center on July 19, 4:30 to 6 p.m. Tickets are available (online form) for $55 each or $450 for a table of eight.
Copyright © 1988–2015 North Bay Business Journal
View the policy for linking to website content.