Quantcast

North Bay Business Journal

Thursday, September 19, 2013, 11:52 am

Rohnert Park casino sets opening date

By

Print Friendly Print Friendly

Graton Resort and Casino sign

The $800 million Graton Resort & Casino in northwest Rohnert Park is set to employ about 2,000.

ROHNERT PARK — Graton Resort & Casino on Thursday announced its $800 million, 3,000-slot casino will officially open Tuesday, Nov. 5, marking the completion of a project a decade in the making.

Owned by the Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria and operated by Las Vegas-based Station Casinos, the 320,000-square-foot casino took just under a year to complete construction.

Upon opening, the casino anticipates it will see 6,000 people on opening day to play the slots and 144 table games such as Texas Hold ’Em and Blackjack.

To date, the gaming establishment has hired 805 permanent staff and will ultimately hire 2,000, according to Station Casinos. About 700 worked on building the facility. And the casino said 900 graduated from its free dealer school program, of which 300 have been hired.

The structure also will feature more than a dozen restaurants, including venues by high-profile chefs such as Martin Yan, Doug Keane and Tony Gemignani. The casino’s four standalone, full-service restaurants complement the Marketplace, a 500-seat food venue.

It also will have an 8,700-square-foot events center that can seat more than 600 for concerts, large indoor presentations, business meetings and special events.

The project broke ground in June 2012, after receiving approval from the State Assembly that May. Gov. Jerry Brown signed the gaming compact with the tribe two months before that.

NOTE: Direct all questions about operations and features of the casino to Stations Casinos.

Copyright © 1988–2014 North Bay Business Journal
    View the policy for linking to website content.

Print Friendly Print Friendly

Comments

18 Comments

1. September 19, 2013, 4:29 pm

by Patricia Wade

I can not wait for you to open!
      I willbe there Nov. 5th

Thanks for coming to us.
      Patricia Wade

2. September 20, 2013, 8:34 am

by M. Montgomery

Our litigation to shut down the Graton casino is alive and well and going forward. If the courts say the casino has to close, it has to close, whether it’s open or not. Join us Saturday 12 to 5 at the Petaluma Palooza at the Historic Train Depot, 210 Lakeville Street, between E. Washington and E. “D” Street, and find out how the Graton casino can be shut down forever.

3. September 21, 2013, 9:30 am

by Bella Mello

i can’t wait to go there, will be the closest one to the bay area, and for M. Montgomery you should speak for yourself, these casino create a lot of jobs in your area I have been going to the Indian casinos for more than 8 years I have never seen any crime for the contrary they have a lot of security. For us seniors these casinos offer a lot of fun, we spend a whole day playing the slots machine have a good lunch and then go home, maybe you should try it to find out what fun really is and you won’t be so sour!

4. September 23, 2013, 9:54 am

by David garcia

I want the casino to be open

5. September 23, 2013, 1:46 pm

by Trixie D

I am questioning a $100 background check fee. it seems exorbitant. is this being mandated to candidates who are really on the fringe of actually being hired – or an “oh by the way” you might not get the job (even if your BC comes back clean)? fees for a solid BC don’t have to be so much. this appears to be marked-up pricing. I ‘get’ that a candidate is entitled to keep the info later and could use it for another job if needed, but this is a high cost. it should be reimbursed, at least partially if one is hired and mandated only when management is ‘pretty sure’ they want this person. Can the PD or the NBBJ investigate the legality?

6. September 23, 2013, 10:18 pm

by lin tao

I hope come make happe…..

7. October 1, 2013, 10:03 am

by Julie

I can’t wait for the casino to open. It’s going to bring a lot of opportunities for people to make money.

8. October 8, 2013, 9:15 am

by sonny

What time do the doors open on Nov 5th ?

9. October 16, 2013, 4:21 am

by franco

Finally my dreams come true: A VEGAS STYLE CASINO easily accessible

10. October 18, 2013, 5:29 pm

by BRIDGET OUELLETTE

WE CANT WAIT FOR OPENING DAY, MY WHOLE FAMILY WILL BE THERE,ITS GONA BE SO MUCH FUN.

11. October 20, 2013, 12:22 am

by Sei Kim

I’m waiting for an open date and a lot of fun expect.

12. October 24, 2013, 10:42 am

by marylene h. lisondra

I’d like to check the new casino and find out how good it is …………..love casinos, buffet and everything else and of course I love to play on the slot machines. This might be my luck on a new casino.

13. October 24, 2013, 7:15 pm

by Carmelo

i cant waight forthiscasino to open loe to spend my last years having FUN,
      iam 82YRS”"”"” MMMM OPEN OPEN OPEN……

14. November 5, 2013, 6:32 am

by ben

atleast the casino should have a kids play like the one in placerville.

15. November 5, 2013, 8:16 am

by jeff O

I have two things to offer:

1. Award-winning master Sculpture for the casino and possibly as prizes to win.

2. My suggestion to help you bring in more people: Have at least one $1& $2 Texas Holdem game with raise limits.

If you only have higher stakes games and no limit betting you will not attract those like me who now drive to the east bay to have that game at the Oaks Card Room. Joe’s 101 does not have these games and that will win over and attract all the people like me who don’t want to play higher stake games. In addition, once playing, people will sometimes go to the higher stakes games after playing $1 & $2 first.

16. November 9, 2013, 6:59 pm

by cabdi cali

Hi thanks

17. November 10, 2013, 11:42 am

by joe

They said it is the biggest casino in Ca. I am glad it open in the
      northern bay area so that way the other casinos like red hawk, cache creek, thundervalley will lose their business. Way to go Graton casino!
      You got my vote for openning the casino there. I haven’t play almost
      10 months now. Mostly casino like red hawk and thunder valley got
      all my money…but no more..not a single dime to these places from me.

18. November 10, 2013, 11:45 am

by joe

to the look of it…i don’t see any buffet in this casino…they should have at least some sort of buffet so the gamblers could enjoy eatting with their family for cheap…

Submit Your Comments

Required

Required, will not be published

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments and Letters Policy. To share this item by email or social media, use the links above.

Do not use this form to contact people, companies or organizations mentioned in this story. Contact them directly. Private messages left here will be deleted.