March 10, 2014
Construction started last week on the latest new wine warehousing project in Napa Valley, two buildings totaling 287,000 square feet in American Canyon. …
Larkspur-based O’Neill Vintners & Distillers and Vineburg-based Cecchetti Wine Co. on March 4 said they are blending winemaking and sales functions for their respective national wine brands. …
Frank Patassy and his winemaker son, Stephen, sold their Patassy Vineyard property with a 2,000-case-a-year winery. …
February 17, 2014
HEALDSBURG — A major North Coast provider of wine bulk storage plans to open its own winery for hire in time for harvest this fall.
January 29, 2014
SACRAMENTO — California wine producers likely shipped 3.6 percent more wine to U.S. markets last year, and higher-end wines such as those made in the North Coast could benefit from a “transition” in supply and consumer tastes that favor quality and distinctiveness, according to experts at a major wine industry conference.
December 16, 2013
SONOMA CARNEROS — A wealthy Chinese entrepreneur wants to turn 502 acres of the Roche family ranch and vineyards on the Sonoma County side of Los Carneros winegrowing region into a first stop for wine country visitors from the Bay Area to experience how wine and other major North Coast agricultural products are made.
October 28, 2013
Trademarks are especially important in the wine industry. Brand names, of course, are the means by which consumers distinguish between competing goods and services.
With wine, the consumer’s choice is often made based solely on the brand name or label. And trademark missteps can be expensive — rebranding, pursuing an infringer, and trying to resolve conflicts during the sale of a business are all costly and time consuming. Developing and protecting strong trademarks should therefore be considered an investment designed both to ensure that others cannot stop you from using your mark and to prevent others from using your mark or a confusingly similar mark.
October 22, 2013
HEALDSBURG — Custom winery Rack & Riddle Wine Services in Hopland plans to open a 67,000-square-foot winery in Healdsburg, particularly to accommodate growing demand for sparkling wine.
“Our expansion into Healdsburg, which is the first step in our expansion plan, gives us many more opportunities to serve our customers,” said managing partner Bruce Lundquist.
September 24, 2013
NAPA — Brimming winery tanks from the record 2012 crop are moderating pricing surplus winegrape tonnage and excess wine for what is thought to be another sizable crop this year, according to experts at a major annual gathering in Napa on Tuesday of the industry’s financial decision-makers.
August 22, 2013
NAPA — Naked Wines, which combines crowdfunding with a wine club to back up-and-coming independent winemakers and offer their brands at a discount to investors, on Thursday said it received $10 million more in funding, which the company said will be used to expand sales in the U.S. and Australia.
- Apr22Preregistration is closed. Call 707-521-5264 or register at the door.Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 18,753 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,383 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,818 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 5,940 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,145 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
- Samantha Whelan on Athleta to expand Marin store
Business Journal connections