Choosing from nominations from throughout the North Bay, the Business Journal has announced the 17 recipients of this year’s Latino Business Leadership Awards.
In its second year, the award program again recognizing the Latinos who are contributing to their community in a variety of ways.
“Latino business leaders are having enormous impact across a broad range of issues, from education to employment and training to building businesses that support the economy in the North Bay,” said Publisher Brad Bollinger. “We applaud their outstanding accomplishments.”
Each winner will be profiled online and in the Oct. 23 edition of the North Bay Business Journal. In addition, the Business Journal and Wells Fargo will co-host an awards luncheon on Oct. 27 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa. Presenting sponsors are Exchange Bank and Kaiser Permanente.
This year’s Latino Business Leadership Award winners are, listed alphabetically:
- Terri Abelar, Aging Solutions, Inc.
- Marisela Barbosa, Green Hive Spaces
- Davin Cardenas, North Bay Organizing Project
- Lisa Carreño, 10,000 Degrees Sonoma County
- Sal Chavez, Picazo’s
- Alberto Lopez, Bacchus Landing Cellars
- Mike Lopez, Vantreo Insurance Brokerage
- Bernardo Narvaez, Narvaez Insurance Services
- Juan Nieto, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Ernesto Olivares, Santa Rosa City Council
- George Ortiz, co-founder of the California Human Development Corporation.
- Antonio Rosales, Exchange Bank
- Chris Rubio, Wells Fargo
- Wanda Tapia, Latino Service Providers
- Cecilia Zamora, Latino Council of Marin
- Donna Zapata, Redwood Credit Union
- Kaiser Permanente Latino Patient Advisory Council/Consejo Latino de Kaiser Permanente
Tickets for that event are $80 per person or $700 for a table of eight. Reservations at nbbj.news/latinobiz17 or call Annett Wirick at 707-521-5264.