The North Bay Business Journal’s 16th annual Wine Industry Conference on April 28 is set to feature keynote speaker and Bo Barrett, CEO and master winemaker at Chateau Montelena, as well as two panels of experts focusing on what’s driving mergers and acquisitions and the move to diversify.
Bo Barrett, CEO, Chateau Montelena. Title: “The 40th Anniversary of the Paris Tasting: A Catalytic Event in the Continuing Wine Quality and Marketing (R)evolution in America”
Panel 1: What’s driving mergers and acquisitions?
- Pat Roney, president and CEO, Vintage Wine Estates, Santa Rosa
- Robert Nicholson, principal, International Wine Associates, Healdsburg
- Carol Collison, partner, Global Wine Partners, St. Helena
- Timothy Wallace, consultant; executive-in-residence, Wine Business Institute; former co-owner and president, Benziger Family Winery
- Roy Cecchetti, president of national brands, O'Neill Vintners & Distillers, Larkspur
Panel 2: The move to diversify
- Derek Benham, Owner & CEO, Purple Wine + Spirits, Graton
- Oren Lewin, senior vice president for marketing and strategy, WX, Novato
- Amelia Ceja, president, Ceja Vineyards, Napa Carneros
The conference runs from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel & Spa in Santa Rosa. Preregistration runs through April 25 and costs $95 a person. To register online, go to NBBJ.News/Wine16 or call 707-521-5270. Registration also will be available at the door.