SSU Economic Outlook Conference 2015
The annual economic forecast Feb. 25, 2015, was presented by SSU economist Robert Eyler, Ph.D., the only report of its kind that focuses on the three-county North Bay.
Other speakers were:
- Niladri “Neel” Mukherjee, a senior investment strategist and director in Merrill Lynch’s Office of CIO. He works closely with Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Research, third-party managers and independent firms to identify macro economic trends and investment opportunities. He holds an MBA from New York University’s Stern School of Business and a B.S. from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India.
- Jeff Ubben, the CEO of the hedge fund ValueAct Capital and chairman of the Posse Foundation, which has granted more than $800 million in college scholarships.
- Joan Weill, the chairman of the Alvin Ailey National Dance Theater and lead donor with her husband, Sandy, to the Joan and Sanford I. Weill Hall at SSU.
- Ian Wright, co-founder of electric vehicle leader Tesla and CEO of Wrightspeed, Inc. an innovator in turbine-electric truck engines. The company is collaborating with local waste hauler the Ratto Group to deploy electric trucks locally.
- John Webley, a telecom pioneer and current CEO of Trevi Systems, which is developing new technology in water recycling.