February 3, 2014
HOPLAND — As St. Helena-based Duckhorn Wine Co. plans to shift full production of a rapidly growing brand to Mendocino County winery, Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services is preparing to complete its relocation and expansion from that facility to Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley.
October 14, 2013
Early to start, the 2013 North Coast winegrape season is heading toward largely an early finish this month and is sizing up to be above the average for the past several years, in some cases rivaling last year’s record crop.
March 18, 2013
GEYSERVILLE — Francis Ford Coppola Winery today confirmed it purchased the Geyser Peak winery facility and surrounding vines in Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley winegrowing region to expand wine production.
November 9, 2012
SONOMA COUNTY — Sonoma-based Foley Family Wines has reached a deal to acquire Lancaster Vineyards, adding two brands to Bill Foley’s now million-plus-case-a-year portfolio and key access to cabernet sauvignon grapes from Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley.
August 15, 2012
HEALDSBURG — Silver Oak Cellars of Oakville has purchased Sausal Vineyard & Winery started nearly four decades ago in Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley winegrape region north of Healdsburg.
June 1, 2011
HEALDSBURG — Napa-based Crimson Wine Group, a portfolio of several premium red wine brands owned by a New York investment company with $9.3 billion in assets, has acquired zinfandel-focused Seghesio Vineyards and most of the Seghesio family’s 300 acres of vines in Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley for an undisclosed sum.
June 7, 2010
ALEXANDER VALLEY – Sonoma County planning officials will have to decide starting this month whether a proposal to commercially skim gravel bars in several miles of the Russian River through Alexander Valley would be worth it for increasing the supply of choice aggregate, protecting acres of riverside vineyards and a key bridge from erosion and opening creeks to migration of protected fish.
June 29, 2009
What follows are brief introductions to the top leaders of independently owned wine companies from the Business Journal’s Independently Owned Wineries list, published in March, and the Wine Companies list, published in this issue.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 21,012 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,977 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,656 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections