December 9, 2013
There have been few years in recent memory as ripe for merger-and-acquisition activity as 2013 in the wine industry, particularly on the North Coast. A perceived shortfall in grape supply, easing credit terms and favorable wine consumption trends in the U.S. set the stage for a strong year.
That momentum is likely to continue in 2014, including possible moves from international buyers.
November 11, 2013
The 31,000-square-foot warehouse nearing completion in a Windsor business park is set to be the expanded new home of Wine Country Shipping. …
Napa Valley Vintners is distributing to local charities the first $3 million in proceeds from $16.9 million raised during the 33rd annual Auction Napa Valley event in late May. …
San Francisco-based private-equity firm Bacchus Capital last week launched BCM Wineworks, a sales and marketing agency for wineries in its investment portfolio. …
Cornish & Carey Commercial Newmark Knight Frank’s North Bay-based Wine Services Group of sales agents have been handling notable winery properties. …
Sonoma-based Collotype Digital, a division of Ohio-based Collotype Labels, a global printer of wine and spirits labels with plants in Napa and Sonoma, won top awards in two print industry competitions. …
April 23, 2012
NORTH BAY – Borrowers in the wine industry have found it easier to access financing recently, with industry lending experts citing a warming approach to commercial lending from traditional sources and an uptick in interest for specialty non-bank lending.
October 25, 2011
Sbragia Family Vineyards, a Dry Creek Valley-based maker of higher-end wines, received a “significant equity investment” from a wine-focused fund in San Francisco.
- Sep18Registration deadline: September 15, 2014Submission deadline: September 19, 2014Oct10Registration deadline: October 6, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
Does your business have an emergency-response plan?
- Yes (41%, 7 votes)
- Needs to be updated (6%, 1 votes)
- Preparing one now (0%, 0 votes)
- No (12%, 2 votes)
- Don't know (41%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 17
Polling period: September 3, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – September 10, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Twenty North Bay companies make national fastest-growing list 13,496 view(s) | posted on August 20, 2014
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work 7,944 view(s) | posted on August 21, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground 7,101 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- ‘Creative Sonoma’ plan seeks cultural, economic boost 5,668 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- Wealth Managers survey: Loren Kertz, Charles Schwab 4,587 view(s) | posted on September 1, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections