November 26, 2012
Western Health Advantage formally filed plans with the state to be a part of Covered California, the state’s online health exchange that will go live in 2014 as part of the federal health care reform bill, the Affordable Care Act. …
On the federal level, the Obama Administration last week issued a host of new rules and details on how insurers can structure benefits and premiums beginning in 2014. …
Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company announced the appointment of Travis Bethune to the position of vice president, distribution management and services leader. …
April 12, 2010
NORTH BAY — Employers large and small are scrambling to assess the impact of the massive health care legislation passed in March.
July 31, 2009
This space has hinted at the vexing question of government’s intrusion into the private sector. But Wall Street Journal columnist Daniel Henninger nailed it last week when he wrote:
“The struggle over health care legislation isn’t just another battle between the Democratic and Republican parties. It’s about which force is going to take the United States forward for the next generation: the public sector or the private sector.”
July 19, 2009
In a commencement address at Arizona State University in May, President Barack Obama delivered a quip about having been denied an honorary degree by the institution. In response, Mr. Obama said, “The Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS.”
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Top North Bay Real Estate Projects
With the simple criteria that they be projects available for occupancy in 2013, nominations were solicited from architects, contractors, commercial real estate and other professionals from around the North Bay.
From their nominations, the 17 winners were selected by the Business Journal editorial staff for recognition. Read details on what made these projects notable. [read profiles of the winning projects]
Most popular recent items
- Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market: Consumers want transparency on food 9,172 view(s) | posted on November 18, 2013
- Who’s Who in Insurance (Life, Disability and Health) 7,725 view(s) | posted on October 12, 2009
- Winners of first Wine Industry Awards named 5,915 view(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Zapolski enters $25M joint venture on downtown Napa shopping center rehab 4,091 view(s) | posted on December 5, 2013
- New research suggests wine vs. beer thinking outdated 3,552 view(s) | posted on December 9, 2013
Latest reader comments
- What do Magicians, Grifters and Financial Legerdemain Have in Common? November 12, 2013
Business Journal connections