November 11, 2013
Wine industry lenders in the North Bay have seen another uptick in borrower demand in the latter half of 2013, driven in part by a need to process a harvest that appears to rival last year’s crop and a continuing trend of mergers and acquisitions throughout the industry, according to those lenders.
September 10, 2012
North Bay lenders are lamenting the imminent expiration of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s temporary 504 refinance program, which allows a one-time refinance of debt and reinvestment of equity.
The temporary program, launched by the Jumpstart Our Small Businesses (JOBS) Act of 2010, allows a small-business owner to refinance debt through the typical 504 loan structure used for financing property and other tangible assets: a 10 percent equity contribution from the borrower, a 40 percent, 20-year fixed-rate government loan and a 50 percent second mortgage from a second commercial lender. In combination, up to $10 million can be refinanced through the program.
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Top North Bay Real Estate Projects
With the simple criteria that they be projects available for occupancy in 2013, nominations were solicited from architects, contractors, commercial real estate and other professionals from around the North Bay.
From their nominations, the 17 winners were selected by the Business Journal editorial staff for recognition. Read details on what made these projects notable. [read profiles of the winning projects]
Most popular recent items
- Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market: Consumers want transparency on food 9,112 view(s) | posted on November 18, 2013
- Who’s Who in Insurance (Life, Disability and Health) 7,722 view(s) | posted on October 12, 2009
- Winners of first Wine Industry Awards named 5,902 view(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Zapolski enters $25M joint venture on downtown Napa shopping center rehab 3,874 view(s) | posted on December 5, 2013
- Second large harvest drives financing demand 3,254 view(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
Latest reader comments
- What do Magicians, Grifters and Financial Legerdemain Have in Common? November 12, 2013
Business Journal connections