September 10, 2013
NAPA and VACAVILLE — updated — United Kingdom-based Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, is exiting its 7-year-old U.S. small-store venture Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, which has two North Bay locations, in a deal with billionaire Ron Burkle’s strategic investment group The Yucaipa Companies, LLC, the parties announced Tuesday.
The Napa and Vacaville stores, opened in 2011, aren’t among as many as 50 planned store closures as part of the deal.
December 5, 2012
NAPA and VACAVILLE — The United Kingdom-based parent of Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, which has two North Bay stores, today said it is considering options for the struggling startup chain of small-format grocery stores, including selling all or part of the roughly 200-location chain or bringing in a partner to operate it.
March 14, 2011
The Napa retail market, despite national economic trends, remains strong. As a world-class vacation destination, Napa is insulated from national economic downturns with a wealthy population base and a steady flow of affluent tourists.
February 23, 2011
WINDSOR — As the developers of the 14-acre Town Green Village mixed-use community in central Windsor work to finalize a deal to sell two buildings left partly built because of the economy and complete a workout of $15 million in loans, they are facing a new round of default notices totaling $1.54 million in due balances on a half-dozen properties.
November 29, 2010
The multifamily housing investment market has significantly improved from 2009 in terms of transactions closed and purchase prices.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,941 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,497 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,976 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,588 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections