August 29, 2013
NAPA — Napa Valley’s job market and the wine industry on which it is substantially based is competing on a stage much larger than the county boundaries, and that needs to be reflected in viticulture and winery decisions about what to plant and whom to hire as well as public policy on what to allow among the vines that put the region on the world map, according to experts at the Impact Napa: Wine conference this morning.
August 26, 2013
Napa County increasingly draws a workforce from outside of the county, particularly in the wine and hospitality industries, while most people who live there work in a neighboring county, according to a new study.
August 13, 2013
Joining local wine experts to speak at the upcoming Impact Napa: Wine conference are Peter Mondavi Jr., co-owner of one of the North Coast’s largest and oldest wine producers, and Bruce Phillips, a grapegrower, two-decade veteran of food and consumer-products industries, and a leader in agriculture.
July 29, 2013
NAPA — Labor trends in the wine industry will take center stage at North Bay Business Journal’s sixth-annual Impact Napa conference on Aug. 29.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 21,001 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,977 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,646 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections