November 18, 2013
More than 50 students graduated from financial literacy courses sponsored by Dixon-based First Northern Bank. …
Hennessy Funds announced that it has been named the 2013 recipient of the prestigious Community Investment Award …
The town of Windsor launched a new “business concierge service.” …
Peregrine Performance Group celebrated its first anniversary this fall. …
California Maritime Academy in Vallejo celebrated its ribbon cutting ceremony for the new dining center and rental space. …
SCS Engineers was chosen by Lake County government to provide services for the installation of a landfill gas collection and control system. …
Walter Hansel Wine & Bistro opened with executive chef Philippe Colasse in the former Zazu space in Santa Rosa. …
1313 Main in Napa opened The Spirits Bar. …
Sausalito’s Sanovas Inc. received a new patent. …
Petaluma’s Streetwise Reports added The Mining Report. …
October 28, 2013
Trademarks are especially important in the wine industry. Brand names, of course, are the means by which consumers distinguish between competing goods and services.
With wine, the consumer’s choice is often made based solely on the brand name or label. And trademark missteps can be expensive — rebranding, pursuing an infringer, and trying to resolve conflicts during the sale of a business are all costly and time consuming. Developing and protecting strong trademarks should therefore be considered an investment designed both to ensure that others cannot stop you from using your mark and to prevent others from using your mark or a confusingly similar mark.
March 18, 2013
SANTA ROSA — Direct Flow Medical Inc., a Santa Rosa-based developer of transcatheter heart valves, recently won approval on two new patents, one from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the second from the Japan Patent Office.
November 26, 2012
ROHNERT PARK — If you’ve ever wondered about trademarks, how to get and protect them, there’s a free seminar tomorrow at the iHub in Rohnert Park.
April 18, 2011
SANTA ROSA — A website designed to streamline much of the beginning process of registering or researching trademarks was recently launched by a Santa Rosa law firm.
March 5, 2010
Also: Auction set for Manchester Ridge vineyards
March 2, 2010
NOVATO — A federal judge in Wisconsin today tossed out a trademark-infringement case against tiny Novato-based Trek Winery LLC brought by Trek Bicycle Corp., one of the largest bike manufacturers in North America.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,956 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,976 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,603 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections