November 25, 2013
While the political posturing surrounding the implementation of the Affordable Care Act continues unabated, the insurance market itself is pondering an array of potential new plan designs and policies in response to employers’ concerns on health plans. “A lot of your plans will look like an exchange solution,” said a North Bay business insurance broker. …
Sherry Rubin has joined the Wells Fargo Insurance Services office in Petaluma as an employee benefits sales executive. …
State Compensation Insurance Fund’s CEO and CFO resigned from the workers’ compensation carrier. …
November 11, 2013
Jim Settles is senior vice president and partner for Woodruff Sawyer & Company in Novato.
September 30, 2013
An ambitious effort by some of the North Bay’s top employee benefit brokers to reduce health insurance costs for employers is being delayed by several months, the result of brokers being swamped with what is arguably the busiest open-enrollment season on record.
August 26, 2013
A group of top health insurance brokers in the North Bay are putting aside their competitive natures to form a nonprofit organization that they say will focus exclusively on lowering health insurance costs for mid-sized employers in the region.
November 12, 2012
The political and legal challenges to federal health reform may finally be settled with the reelection of President Obama and the Supreme Court’s upholding of the Affordable Care Act, but, even with that seeming sense of finality, a host of challenges lay ahead for all levels of the industry.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 21,000 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,977 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,645 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections