March 24, 2014
April 1, 2014, was to be the day that mandatory water rationing would begin in Marin County’s largest water district, following a 2013 that “proved to be the driest year in 135 years.”
A huge storm that rescued Marin’s water reserves in early 2014 is far from the norm. Water officials stress that regular drought conditions is a reality in the North Bay and beyond.
March 25, 2013
Marin County’s largest city and civic hub, San Rafael, wants to boost its appeal as a commercial center, and a number of interrelated local government and business group efforts are in motion with the goal of making that happen.
June 25, 2012
MARIN COUNTY – The Marin Municipal Water District has chosen to enroll all of its electric accounts with the San Rafael-based Marin Clean Energy power agency, citing cost savings versus current provider, Pacific Gas and Electric Co.
May 28, 2012
CORTE MADERA — After 17 years of making environmentally and health- conscious personal care products in Marin County, EO Products seriously considered the better economics of taking the 40-person company to the East Bay, but the manufacturer is choosing to stay in Marin after an opportunity arose to convert a former Industrial Light & Magic sound stage to a much larger production plant plus local and regional economic boosters and a state legislator jumped in to help navigate permit processes.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,899 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,478 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,975 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,578 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,549 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections