October 26, 2009
SAN RAFAEL – Dominican University of California is receiving a $989,798 grant from the 2008 Farm Bill to establish the National Ornamentals Research Site at Dominican University.
Scientists from the national and international research community will conduct studies focused on understanding and controlling Phytophthora ramorum, the plant pathogen known to cause Sudden Oak Death and ramorum blight on nursery stock.
The research site will be the first in the United States dedicated to the study of diseases of ornamental plants in a simulated nursery setting.
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Top North Bay Real Estate Projects
With the simple criteria that they be projects available for occupancy in 2013, nominations were solicited from architects, contractors, commercial real estate and other professionals from around the North Bay.
From their nominations, the 17 winners were selected by the Business Journal editorial staff for recognition. Read details on what made these projects notable. [read profiles of the winning projects]
Most popular recent items
- Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market: Consumers want transparency on food 9,190 view(s) | posted on November 18, 2013
- Who’s Who in Insurance (Life, Disability and Health) 7,727 view(s) | posted on October 12, 2009
- New research suggests wine vs. beer thinking outdated 6,430 view(s) | posted on December 9, 2013
- Winners of first Wine Industry Awards named 5,919 view(s) | posted on November 11, 2013
- Zapolski enters $25M joint venture on downtown Napa shopping center rehab 4,289 view(s) | posted on December 5, 2013
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections