September 30, 2013
The San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board is is accepting comments on the Renewal of Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements for Grazing Operations in the Tomales Bay Watershed. …
Petaluma-based Scott Laboratories announced the release of its first-ever Cider Handbook. …
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (Nasdaq:BMRN) of San Rafael said it has closed the first patient in the Phase 1/2 trial for BMN 190. …
Ken Frank, executive chef and owner of La Toque restaurant in Napa’s downtown, launched La Toque’s new iPad wine list. …
March 8, 2013
State water-quality regulators this afternoon announced the withdrawal of a proposed conditional waiver program for vineyards in the Napa River and Sonoma Creek watersheds from state-set limits on erosion and plans to regulate vineyard water runoff under more general requirements.
November 26, 2012
Proposed state regulations on North Coast vineyard erosion are moving toward draft rules to be considered for adoption in 2013. Through Jan. 2, San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board staff will be taking comments on a draft conditional waiver of waste-discharge requirements for vineyard properties in the Napa River and Sonoma Creek watersheds and an associated draft document on environmental affects of the waiver program. Those drafts were released Nov. 16, and the board is set to consider them at a public hearing set for Feb. 13 in Oakland.
May 21, 2012
NORTH COAST — State water-quality regulators are developing new rules that would require North Coast agricultural property owners or operators to develop, follow and update ongoing, multiyear plans for controlling and reversing erosion into ecologically sensitive waterways.
February 7, 2011
North Coast water-quality regulators plan to complete regulations for how dairies deal with manure to prevent contamination of waterways during rainstorms, but the industry in Marin and Sonoma counties has a three-decade head start thanks to a public-private self-monitoring program.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 30, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 18,718 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,537 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,986 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 5,344 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Plans for wine museum take shape 4,552 view(s) | posted on April 14, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections