February 11, 2013
The battle between local and state governments over redevelopment funds earmarked for construction projects is intensifying as Santa Rosa, Petaluma and the county of Sonoma take legal action after state finance officials repeatedly rejected claims that the funds are legitimately committed to projects in advanced stages of progress.
December 31, 2012
SANTA ROSA — A dispute between state government money managers and the city of Santa Rosa over millions of dollars in redevelopment money, part of which the city deems necessary in coming months to kick-start a large Railroad Square transit-oriented project, escalated in the closing days of the year, as the city joined a growing number of local governments statewide not in a hurry to comply.
November 30, 2012
On Oct. 29, 1975, the New York Daily News carried this headline after President Gerald Ford gave a speech denying federal assistance to keep New York out of bankruptcy: “Ford to City: Drop Dead.”
For Santa Rosa and its 13-year effort to rebuild Railroad Square, the headline could read: “Gov. Brown and Sacramento to Santa Rosa: Drop Dead.”
November 5, 2012
SANTA ROSA — As a 13-year project to transform the historic yet vacant cannery area around a planned downtown commuter-train station reaches a critical point to start construction next year or lose critical funding, the city of Santa Rosa plans to plead its case in Sacramento later this month for the release of redevelopment funds considered key to starting the $200 million-plus project.
October 5, 2009
SANTA ROSA – The Santa Rosa Redevelopment Agency is starting the process of selecting a private-sector partner toward finding a new use for the vacant former AT&T telephone switching building downtown.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,982 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,977 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,628 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections