October 9, 2014
NORTH BAY — The Business Journal on Thursday named 11 recipients of its third annual Nonprofit Leadership Awards.
The recipients will be recognized at an Oct. 30 awards luncheon at Sonoma State University as part of the Nonprofit Conference and Leadership Awards presented by the Journal; Pisenti & Brinker; Summit State Bank; Anderson, Zeigler, Disharoon, Gallagher & Gray; and the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County.
September 24, 2014
Sutter Health on Wednesday announced that it had completed the donation of the former Warrack Hospital to Social Advocates for Youth (SAY), which provides education and housing for at-risk youth in Sonoma County.
May 16, 2014
NORTH BAY — The nuances of effective decision-making in an increasingly diverse professional world will play center stage in the North Bay Leadership Council’s annual Economic Insight Conference on May 29.
May 8, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Northwestern Mutual, through its charitable foundation, has honored Santa Rosa-based wealth management adviser Sharon Zimmerman’s with its 20th annual “Community Service Award.” The award includes a $25,000 grant for Social Advocates for Youth (SAY).
March 31, 2014
Read profiles of North Bay organizations with fewer than 100 employees and recognized for charity efforts: B.R. Cohn Charity Events, Dierk’s Parkside and Midtown cafés, E.R. Sawyer Jewelers, The John Jordan Foundation, Pisenti & Brinker CPAs and Advisors, The Republic of Tea, Sonoma Raceway and Summit State Bank.
January 13, 2014
Homeward Bound of Marin in Novato and Social Advocates for Youth in Santa Rosa were among 16 nonprofit organizations nationwide and three in California to receive funding in the inaugural Help for Homeless Grant Program. …
Community Child Care Council will host an open house for its newest site, Flowery Preschool at Flowery Elementary School, Sonoma.
November 18, 2013
Fairfield-based Partnership HealthPlan of California recently honored North Coast Assemblyman Wesley Chesboro, who is retiring. …
James Molina was appointed conference services manager at the Westin Verasa Napa. …
Robyn Bramhall, a human resources management consultant, has been awarded a contract to provide onsite HR services to Social Advocates for Youth. …
Sherry Rubin has joined Wells Fargo Insurance’s Petaluma office as an employee benefits sales executive. …
The Leavitt Group promoted Brandon Stout to vice president in its national restaurant insurance program at its Santa Rosa branch. …
November 28, 2012
SANTA ROSA — Social Advocates for Youth announced that Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa has offered the Warrack Hospital campus on Hoen Avenue as a donation, a development that would allow the nonprofit to increase its capacity nearly five-fold while adding a number of new services.
October 4, 2012
NORTH BAY – The Business Journal has selected 14 nonprofit leaders from around the North Bay for its inaugural Nonprofit Leadership Awards recognizing individuals for their innovation, community engagement and growth. The awards will be presented as part of the the Oct. 24 Nonprofit Boot Camp presented by Pisenti & Brinker LLP and North Bay Business Journal.
December 19, 2011
Information on volunteering for and donating to Social Advocates for Youth of Santa rosa
- Submission deadline: October 24, 2014Oct30Registration deadline: October 27, 2014Nov12Registration deadline: November 7, 2014Nov13Registration deadline: November 10, 2014Nov18Registration deadline: November 14, 2014Nov21Registration deadline: November 17, 2014Dec2Registration deadline: November 28, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
How much of a concern are highly dangerous sicknesses for North Bay health care facilities?
- High (20%, 5 votes)
- Moderate (28%, 7 votes)
- Low (32%, 8 votes)
- Don't know (20%, 5 votes)
Total voters: 25
Polling period: October 15, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – October 22, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness 12,377 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 5,876 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Obama appoints Ebola ‘czar’ to control disease that threatens to overwhelm Africa 5,451 view(s) | posted on October 13, 2014
- New Keysight CEO kicks electronic measurement company into overdrive 5,353 view(s) | posted on September 22, 2014
- Wal-Mart unveils Rohnert Park smaller-format store 5,335 view(s) | posted on September 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Burke Denman on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Rachel gehring on Construction moves forward for affordable housing in Sonoma County
Business Journal connections