September 10, 2012
North Bay lenders are lamenting the imminent expiration of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s temporary 504 refinance program, which allows a one-time refinance of debt and reinvestment of equity.
The temporary program, launched by the Jumpstart Our Small Businesses (JOBS) Act of 2010, allows a small-business owner to refinance debt through the typical 504 loan structure used for financing property and other tangible assets: a 10 percent equity contribution from the borrower, a 40 percent, 20-year fixed-rate government loan and a 50 percent second mortgage from a second commercial lender. In combination, up to $10 million can be refinanced through the program.
December 5, 2011
Both the number of loans and the total value of loans facilitated through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 504 program decreased across the North Bay in fiscal year 2011, though lenders said levels reflected that some businesses are still expanding during the recessionary period.
December 5, 2011
Lenders are praising recent tweaks to the new U.S. Small Business Administration 504 refinance program, saying that the changes make more small businesses eligible while simplifying the process for institutions.
April 25, 2011
NORTH BAY — North Bay SBA lending — both 504 and 7a — increased by 35 percent in dollars and 21 percent in volume year-over-year for the first half of fiscal 2011 that began in October.
January 10, 2011
SAN RAFAEL – Marin County is the new home of TiNi Aerospace, a maker of cutting edge spacecraft components that was previously located in San Leandro.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,393 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,508 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,979 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,421 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,523 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections