April 22, 2013
SANTA ROSA — To help strengthen local business access to global markets, keep jobs at home and provide North Bay companies with information they can use to expand and facilitate foreign trade, the Sonoma County Economic Development Board and the U.S. Department of Commerce plan to co-host a first-of-its-kind export seminar in Petaluma on May 9.
In other import-export news, a proposed expansion of the existing Foreign Trade Zone No. 3 to encompass much of the North Bay has moved closer to completion.
October 19, 2012
With a steady increase in import-export activities by a growing number of companies and manufacturers in North Bay, the Port of San Francisco has approved eligibility for the expansion of the boundaries of its existing Foreign Trade Zone No. 3 to encompass much of Sonoma County, part of Napa County and all of Marin, Solano and Contra Costa counties.
May 30, 2011
Petaluma-based Labcon North America, which makes laboratory supplies designed to be more environmentally friendly, was among 27 companies nationwide to receive the prestigious President’s “E” Award for U.S. Exporters on May 16. … Mill Valley-based Green Toys Inc., maker of toys made from recycled plastic milk containers, on May 9 received the Commerce Department’s Export Achievement Certificate, granted to companies that use the U.S. Commercial Service to make their first international sales or expansions. … Boeing picked MicroSource, the Santa Rosa-based division of Giga-tronics Inc., as one of 16 suppliers out of pool of 17,500 contenders in 50-plus countries to receive Boeing’s 2010 Supplier of the Year award. … Petaluma-based Raydiance, developer of ultrafast laser systems, named Dick Pierce chief executive officer. Founder Barry Schuler now is chairman. … Saputo Inc., parent company of DCI Cheese Company, formerly G & G Specialty Foods, announced the closure of the facility in Santa Rosa resulting in the loss of 68 jobs, both production and office employees.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,899 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,478 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,975 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,578 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,549 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections