November 18, 2013
More than 50 students graduated from financial literacy courses sponsored by Dixon-based First Northern Bank. …
Hennessy Funds announced that it has been named the 2013 recipient of the prestigious Community Investment Award …
The town of Windsor launched a new “business concierge service.” …
Peregrine Performance Group celebrated its first anniversary this fall. …
California Maritime Academy in Vallejo celebrated its ribbon cutting ceremony for the new dining center and rental space. …
SCS Engineers was chosen by Lake County government to provide services for the installation of a landfill gas collection and control system. …
Walter Hansel Wine & Bistro opened with executive chef Philippe Colasse in the former Zazu space in Santa Rosa. …
1313 Main in Napa opened The Spirits Bar. …
Sausalito’s Sanovas Inc. received a new patent. …
Petaluma’s Streetwise Reports added The Mining Report. …
October 28, 2013
Trademarks are especially important in the wine industry. Brand names, of course, are the means by which consumers distinguish between competing goods and services.
With wine, the consumer’s choice is often made based solely on the brand name or label. And trademark missteps can be expensive — rebranding, pursuing an infringer, and trying to resolve conflicts during the sale of a business are all costly and time consuming. Developing and protecting strong trademarks should therefore be considered an investment designed both to ensure that others cannot stop you from using your mark and to prevent others from using your mark or a confusingly similar mark.
November 26, 2012
ROHNERT PARK — If you’ve ever wondered about trademarks, how to get and protect them, there’s a free seminar tomorrow at the iHub in Rohnert Park.
June 14, 2012
SAUSALITO — Medical technology developer Sanovas, Inc. today said it received its first patent for systems and methods for removing hard-to-reach lung growths or tumors.
January 10, 2011
SANTA ROSA – Sonoma Orthopedics has won a patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for its core technology, the first of several, said founder and COO Charles Nelson.
- Apr29Registration deadline: April 27, 2015Submission deadline: April 27, 2015Submission deadline: May 1, 2015Submission deadline: May 18, 2015May27Registration deadline: May 22, 2015
NBBJ publications & materials
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- A new model for wine distribution: Market intelligence partner 7,041 view(s) | posted on April 20, 2015
- Beringer takes wine tasting to store shelf 6,429 view(s) | posted on April 2, 2015
- Wine marketers say consumer shifts call for new approaches 6,291 view(s) | posted on April 20, 2015
- Cuvaison sells Calistoga winery, tasting room 5,554 view(s) | posted on April 2, 2015
- Designing the new workplace 4,608 view(s) | posted on March 23, 2015
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections