June 16, 2014
SANTA ROSA — A Santa Rosa firm that helped pioneer the use of 3-D video game technology for interactive architectural simulations has found new growth in the courtroom, using the same approach to help juries visualize the elements of a legal case, according to company principal John Leo.
June 9, 2014
SAN RAFAEL — Autodesk, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADSK) on Monday announced the acquisition of Stockholm-based Bitsquid AB, a developer of software for displaying the complex graphics of modern video games.
Autodesk said the acquisition will boost not only the company’s current portfolio of software for video game applications but also software that allows real-time product and architectural design.
May 6, 2013
Novato-based 2K, a video-game publishing label of New York-based Take-Two Interactive Software, is expanding its North Bay development studios for the second time in the past several months, building a Petaluma motion-capture studio. …
Santa Rosa-based HybridCore Homes is garnering orders and building industry accolades for its factory-built room modules designed significantly reduce onsite construction time and trades scheduling. …
Spaceship-like Aptera 2e three-wheeled electric roadsters may begin rolling out of a downtown Santa Rosa industrial facility to buyers, now that the city of Santa Rosa has agreed to allow assembly of vehicles there. …
A nationwide group of BIM users, known as the BIMForum, is seeking industry comments by June 7 on a proposed set of standards for completeness and reliability of the models during design and construction. …
November 19, 2012
SAN RAFAEL — Video game developer and publisher Telltale Inc. has quite a tale of success to tell with its story-based episodic entertainment such as The Walking Dead fast-selling series, and now the 8-year-old company is planning to nearly double the size of its studio in an expansion this spring.
October 1, 2012
NOVATO — 2K, a video-game publishing label of New York-based Take-Two Interactive Software (Nasdaq: TTWO), is expanding its 64,000-square-foot Novato headquarters and two development studios by 30 percent.
April 28, 2008
SEBASTOPOL — Maraizon International, the computer graphics and multimedia developer that adapted video game technology into a building design and development tool, has moved beyond its original Quake III-based graphics software.
May 1, 2006
NOVATO — The Visual Concepts Entertainment division of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. is leaving its quarters on Thorndale Drive and expanding into an entire hangar at Hamilton Landing.
- Submission deadline: October 24, 2014Oct30Registration deadline: October 27, 2014Nov12Registration deadline: November 7, 2014Nov13Registration deadline: November 10, 2014Nov18Registration deadline: November 14, 2014Nov21Registration deadline: November 17, 2014Dec2Registration deadline: November 28, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
How much of a concern are highly dangerous sicknesses for North Bay health care facilities?
- High (20%, 5 votes)
- Moderate (28%, 7 votes)
- Low (32%, 8 votes)
- Don't know (20%, 5 votes)
Total voters: 25
Polling period: October 15, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – October 22, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness 12,403 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 5,885 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Obama appoints Ebola ‘czar’ to control disease that threatens to overwhelm Africa 5,452 view(s) | posted on October 13, 2014
- Wal-Mart unveils Rohnert Park smaller-format store 5,363 view(s) | posted on September 24, 2014
- New Keysight CEO kicks electronic measurement company into overdrive 5,296 view(s) | posted on September 22, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Burke Denman on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Rachel gehring on Construction moves forward for affordable housing in Sonoma County
Business Journal connections