June 30, 2014
Hotel occupancy rates in Sonoma County increased by 5.1 percent over the year in May, reaching 78.6 percent in 2014 compared with 77.3 percent in 2013, according to the latest figures. …
Occupancy rates in Marin County were up in March by 11.2 percent. …
Also: Petaluma-based Lagunitas Brewing Company continues to carve its share of the ever-expanding craft beer segment, gaining 4.5 percent of the total market share in the sector, according to a recent report. …
July 1, 2013
Unemployment rates across the North Bay dropped in May, spurred in part by the start of the tourism high season and related hiring, according to the latest figures from the state Employment Development Department.
May 21, 2013
Visitors to Sonoma County spent $1.47 billion in 2011, a more than 9 percent increase over 2010, according to the latest figures released by Visit California.
March 4, 2013
ROHNERT PARK — In his annual economic forecast at the Sonoma State University Economic Outlook Conference, Dr. Robert Eyler, director of the university’s Center for Regional Economic Analysis, said that the six North Bay counties of Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Mendocino and Lake could expect “broad growth” across various sectors through 2014.
February 6, 2013
ROHNERT PARK — Tourism in Sonoma County continues to rebound at an encouraging pace, with revenue and hotel occupancy rates besting those of the previous two years, experts said Wednesday at an annual meeting on local tourism.
December 3, 2012
Altus Equity Group, LP, in Santa Rosa announced that it funded and closed its latest investment fund last month. …
Bear Republic Brewing Company in Cloverdale brought home a silver medal at the 2012 Festival of Wood and Barrel-Aged Beer, the country’s largest celebration of wood and barrel-aged beer. …
Sebastopol-based Leff Construction has been awarded Residential Design+Build’s national 2012 Design Excellence Award for innovative technology integration for a custom residence project located in Cazadero. …
Marin County and Napa Valley restaurants will be participating in California Restaurant Month (DineinCA.com) for all of January, and those in Vacaville during Jan. 18-27. …
Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit announced that it has been selected by The Bond Buyer as the Far West finalist for its “Deal of the Year” Award, recognizing SMART’s 2011 $191 million Measure Q Sales Tax Revenue Bond issuance for innovation in public finance. …
- Submission deadline: October 24, 2014Oct30Registration deadline: October 27, 2014Nov12Registration deadline: November 7, 2014Nov13Registration deadline: November 10, 2014Nov18Registration deadline: November 14, 2014Nov21Registration deadline: November 17, 2014Dec2Registration deadline: November 28, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
How much of a concern are highly dangerous sicknesses for North Bay health care facilities?
- High (20%, 5 votes)
- Moderate (28%, 7 votes)
- Low (32%, 8 votes)
- Don't know (20%, 5 votes)
Total voters: 25
Polling period: October 15, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – October 22, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness 12,420 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 5,909 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Obama appoints Ebola ‘czar’ to control disease that threatens to overwhelm Africa 5,452 view(s) | posted on October 13, 2014
- Wal-Mart unveils Rohnert Park smaller-format store 5,384 view(s) | posted on September 24, 2014
- Cassidy Turley sees global ties in DTZ purchase 5,230 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Burke Denman on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Rachel gehring on Construction moves forward for affordable housing in Sonoma County
Business Journal connections