September 16, 2013
BENICIA — Bruni Glass Packaging, Inc., which supplies the wine industry with bottles, capsules and closures, plans to consolidate its warehouses and showroom here to one larger facility in Fairfield this fall.
September 16, 2013
Suspicions in the industry that the 2013 North Coast winegrape crop would be sizable are gaining greater weight as many of the grapes for sparkling wine are past that early round of harvest are in the winery, picking white wine grapes is underway and the first red wine grapes are approaching ripeness.
August 28, 2013
Barack Obama’s success in the recent presidential election in the U.S. highlights the potential rewards for politicians who can successfully engage the Hispanic population, and this experience holds important lessons for the U.S. wine industry.
Hispanics are the largest and fastest growing minority in the U.S., but they drink less wine per capita than the average American. So it should not be a surprise that if the wine industry were to successfully target the market and influence Hispanics to increase their consumption, huge rewards would be in-store.
By Rabobank estimates, if the wine industry were able to bring Hispanic wine consumption up to the level of the typical consumer, annual wine consumption among Hispanics will increase by nearly 50 million cases over the next 20 years! That could be as much as 40 percent of the total growth in U.S. wine consumption over that period.
- Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse Poll
What do you think about the plan for a California Wine Museum in downtown Santa Rosa?
- Like it (60%, 43 votes)
- Don't like it (31%, 22 votes)
- Not sure (9%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 72
Polling period: April 16, 2014 @ 2:00 pm – April 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 21,001 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,499 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,977 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 6,580 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,646 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- RAYMUNDO.GARCIA on Zap settles recall suit with $2M in refunds
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
Business Journal connections