September 9, 2013
CORDELIA — The owner of Caymus Vineyards is preparing for the start of construction this fall on a 5.5 million-gallon-a-year winery and distillery on farmland south of Fairfield to shift excess production from the Napa Valley winery.
September 4, 2013
Share your thoughts on this week’s NBBJ Pulse Poll question: “Does the Winery Definition Ordinance need to be revised to fit the future of Napa County?”
The Winery Definition Ordinance, or WDO, since 1990 has governed how wineries can operate in the unincorporated areas of Napa County, such as scale of production, which events they can hold and how they can market themselves.
Leading up to the renewal of the ordinance early this year, debate raged over leaving it as is and making certain changes.
The future of the wine business in Napa Valley and the interplay of land-use protections and necessary public visibility was center stage at the Business Journal’s Aug. 29 Impact Napa: Wine conference.
July 5, 2010
NAPA — A group of hospitality professionals and event planners in Napa are forming a not-for-profit promotional organization.
May 17, 2010
NAPA — Slight changes to the Winery Definition Ordinance were approved last week by the Napa County Board of Supervisors, which voted 3-2 in favor of easing restrictions on how wineries can market themselves and what type of events can be held.
March 8, 2010
NAPA — The Napa County Board of Supervisors tentatively agreed last week that provisions of the Winery Definition Ordinance should be amended to ease marketing restrictions, which would include business meetings, potentially clearing one more hurdle for individual wineries to target visitors more aggressively.
March 1, 2010
NAPA— The Napa County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing Tuesday to consider changing elements of the Winery Definition Ordinance, the authoritative document that has governed which events wineries can hold and how they can market themselves since 1990.
November 23, 2009
NAPA – Napa Valley Vintners, a trade group representing more than 350 local wine producers, is working with related organizations – Winegrowers of Napa County, Napa County Farm Bureau and Napa Valley Grapegrowers – to present the Napa County Board of Supervisors with a thorough analysis of the 1990 Winery Definition Ordinance by late January. [...]
- Apr22Preregistration is closed. Call 707-521-5264 or register at the door.Apr30Registration deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: April 25, 2014Submission deadline: May 2, 2014Submission deadline: May 9, 2014May21Registration deadline: May 16, 2014
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Zenergy maps growth with Google 20,495 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Business Journal names 2014 Forty Under 40 15,393 view(s) | posted on March 27, 2014
- New tech saps vine water use 7,906 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2014
- Wine conference panels to address latest trends 5,942 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
- Marin planners steer toward traffic relief 4,266 view(s) | posted on March 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Nancie Pipgras on Wealth Matters: The top 10 financial planning mistakes
- Samantha Whelan on Athleta to expand Marin store
Business Journal connections