June 23, 2014
As “director of people experiences ,” Hollie Delaney said her role at e-commerce giant Zappos includes some key differences from most human resources professionals.
June 13, 2014
Registration for the 14th annual Women in Business Awards Gala, including a keynote address by Zappos.com Director of HR Hollie Delaney, will close June 20. “This is an awards gala, but we invite the broader business community to attend to hear the story of one of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies,” said Business Journal Publisher Brad Bollinger.
May 20, 2014
NORTH BAY — The Business Journal today announced the selection of its 2014 Women in Business honorees from a diverse group of industries and organizations including agriculture, wine, professional services, technology, specialty foods, restaurants, small business, health care and fitness and nonprofits.
The keynote speaker at the June 25 awards gala will be Hollie Delaney, director of human resources for Zappos.com, a company widely known for its high levels of customer service and extraordinary corporate culture. The company’s journey from San Francisco online shoe and apparel startup to its sale in 2009 to Amazon for $1.2 billion is captured in the best-selling book by its founder and CEO Tony Hsieh, “Delivering Happiness, a Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose.”
- Sep18Preregistration is closed. Call 707-521-5264 or register at the door.Submission deadline: September 19, 2014Oct10Registration deadline: October 6, 2014Submission deadline: October 17, 2014Submission deadline: October 17, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
Does your business have an emergency-response plan?
- Yes (41%, 7 votes)
- Needs to be updated (6%, 1 votes)
- Preparing one now (0%, 0 votes)
- No (12%, 2 votes)
- Don't know (41%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 17
Polling period: September 3, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – September 10, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Twenty North Bay companies make national fastest-growing list 13,854 view(s) | posted on August 20, 2014
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work 8,117 view(s) | posted on August 21, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground 7,368 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- ‘Creative Sonoma’ plan seeks cultural, economic boost 5,746 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- Wealth Managers survey: Loren Kertz, Charles Schwab 4,715 view(s) | posted on September 1, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections