North Bay Business Journal announced 17 honorees for the first Latino Business Leadership Awards, recognizing outstanding leaders from throughout the North Bay. They will be honored during National Hispanic Heritage Month.
“Name almost any North Bay industry from manufacturing to wine to specialty food to retail and there will be outstanding Latino businesses,” Business Journal Publisher Brad Bollinger said. “We can hardly wait to get them all in one room. There are great stories to be told; stories that need to be told.”
Underwriter for the Oct. 12 awards luncheon is Wells Fargo and the presenting sponsor is Exchange Bank. Special thanks to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Marin County, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Sonoma County and the Latino Council of Marin.
The leadership awards event takes place at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek, Santa Rosa. Registration at 11:30 a.m. with the program from noon to 2 p.m.
Tickets are $75 per person or $650 for a table of eight. Register at nbbj.news/latinobiz16 or call Linda Perkins at 707-521-5264.
CORRECTION: Herman J. Hernandez, broker of Zephyr Real Estate in Guerneville, is one of the winners. The original photo gallery mistakenly featured his son Herman G. Hernandez.
- Carlos & Linda Chavez, proprietors, Chavez Family Cellars, Healdsburg
- Octavio Diaz, proprietor and chef, Persimmon and Agave Restaurant, Healdsburg
- Carmen Garcia, vice president and manager, Exchange Bank, Santa Rosa
- Belinda Guadarrama, CEO and president, GC Micro, Petaluma
- Herman Hernandez, broker, Zephyr Real Estate, Guerneville
- Linda Higueras, senior bilingual human resources consultant and employee relations director, The Personnel Perspective / Jackson Family Wines / Silver Oak Cellars / Saks Fifth Avenue / Williams Selyem Winery
- Kaiser Permanente, Kaiser Permanente La Clinica/Latino Module, Suite 130, Santa Rosa
- Laurangelica “Angel” Lechón, director, People & Culture, Straus Family Creamery, Petaluma
- Marcos Lepe, president, Lepe’s Foods, Santa Rosa
- Brett Martinez, president and CEO, Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa
- Amelia Moran-Ceja, vintner president, Ceja Vineyard, Napa
- Delia Nieto, Realtor and performance coach, RE/MAX Full Spectrum, Healdsburg
- Angel Ochoa, president, Angel Motors, Santa Rosa
- David Ortega, president, Lola’s Market, Santa Rosa
- Alfredo Pedroza, chairman, Napa County Board of Supervisors, Napa
- Carlos Tamayo, chairman of the board, La Tortilla Factory, Santa Rosa
- Willie Tamayo, president, Elsie Allen High School Foundation, Santa Rosa
Event registration: nbbj.news/latinobiz16