21 named for Nonprofit Leadership Awards
The North Bay Business Journal and Pisenti & Brinker LLP announced the 21 recipients of the fifth annual Nonprofit Leadership Awards for 2016.
This year’s recipients were selected by the Business Journal editorial staff and include dedicated nonprofit board members, nonprofit executives and several companies which have made notable contributions to causes in the community.
The North Bay Business Journal and co-host Pisenti & Brinker LLP will honor the recipients at a luncheon on Thursday, Oct. 27, at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek from noon to 1:30 p.m. with registration at 11:30 a.m.
“Since the inception of The Nonprofit Leadership Awards, Pisenti & Brinker LLP has been a pillar of support to the past, present and future not-for profit community. It was my pleasure to call every well-deserving 2016 recipient personally to congratulate them,” said Jodi M. Shubin, director of Client & Community Relations. “For over 50 years Pisenti & Brinker has been committed to continuing to work with and support our North Bay nonprofits leaders, volunteers and outstanding board members. We are very excited to once again present the awards this year. Congratulations to all of the award winners and thank you for all you do to make the North Bay one of the best places to live and work!”
Event tickets are $75 per person or $650 for a table. Register at nbbj.news/nonprofit16 or call 707-521-5264 for information.
Nonprofit Leadership Awards
• Alena Wall, Executive Director, Center for Well-Being
• Amber Twitchell, VOICES Program Director
• Bonnie Bergin, Founder and President, Bergin University of Canine Studies
• Cami Kahl, Executive Director, Volunteer Center of Sonoma County
• Christopher Paige, CEO, California Human Development
• Elece Hempel, Executive Director, Petaluma People Services Center
• Evelyn Cheatham, Head loving chef and director, WOW
• Jenny Levine-Smith, Director, Beth Ami Community Nursery School
• Joe O’Hehir, CEO, Whistlestop
• Kitty Whitaker, CEO, Hospice by the Bay
• Madeleine Keegan O’Connell, CEO, YWCA Sonoma County
• Melanie Dodson, Executive Director, Community Child Care Council of Sonoma County (4Cs)
• Ronit Rubinoff, Executive Director, Legal Aid of Sonoma County
• Tom Bieri, Executive Director, Community Support Network
• Active 20-30 of Sebastopol #63 – Raised $30,000 for children’s services
• All American Printing – Free printing for Lifehouse
• Elise Bulger, board member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County
• Gordon Dow, Capital Campaign Co-Chair and Board Member, Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
• Linda Clapp, Chairman of the Board, Friends of Lake Sonoma
• Ryan Brennan, past president, Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley
• Nina Gardner, partner, Filice Insurance Agency