5 wine packaging designs win awards in Napa
Out of 135 vintner and supplier entries, five wine packaging designs convinced a panel of experts they have the eye candy and intrigue to convince consumers to give the brands a closer look.
A panel of five wine packaging design experts judged entries in the second Wines & Vines Packaging Design Awards, and attendees of Wines & Vines' W&V Pack conference in Napa on Aug. 17 were invited to submit their picks.
Winning packages were:
- Stranger & Stranger's design of Run Riot pinot noir (Most Outstanding Package–Supplier)
- Quest Industries' "masked spray" on a bottle of Reed Wine Cellars' 2011 Lodi cabernet sauvignon (Most Innovative Package–Supplier)
- One87 Wine & Cocktails' single-serving plastic wine "glass" and "stem" (People's Choice Most Innovative Package)
- Rubin Wines' Q&A brand packaging (Most Innovative Package–Winery)
- Wooden Bottle Wine Co.'s 2009 pinot noir (People's Choice Most Outstanding Package)