Jobless rates for North Bay counties were largely unchanged in October, and annual job growth rates were 1.2 percent to 2.1 percent, according to state figures released Friday.
November 21, 2014
DAVIS — The U.S. Agency for International Development reported today that it awarded up to $100 million for a UC Davis project to detect and respond to emerging viruses such as Ebola and SARS. The University of California San Francisco’s Viral Diagnostics and Discovery Center will participate in the project. The money will go toward the PREDICT project at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, part of an international campaign to rapidly detect and respond to emerging viruses in people, wildlife and livestock. The school’s One Health Institute manages the project. The award is one of the largest outside funded projects in UC Davis history.
November 20, 2014
A 72-unit apartment complex in Napa was part of a $50 million multifamily-property acquisition in California and Arizona.
November 20, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Exchange Bank declared an increased quarterly cash dividend of 45 cents a share, up 5 cents per share, or 12 percent, from the last quarterly cash dividend.
Gary Hartwick, Exchange Bank’s president and CEO, said in a statement that the dividend increase “reflected the board’s confidence in the sustainability of the bank’s earnings and improving economic environment.”
November 19, 2014
SANTA ROSA — In the fourth fiscal quarter of 2014, the newly stand-alone Keysight Technologies launched a device designed to test femtocells — tiny cellular base stations that boost wireless phone performance up to about 30 feet in homes and small businesses.
November 19, 2014
COTATI — ProTransport-1 ambulance and medical transportation service on Wednesday said it reached an agreement to merge with PRN, a major Southern California ambulance service.
- Calendar: Week of Nov. 10, 2014
- 2014 Top Real Estate Projects in the North Bay registration ends Dec. 15
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards registration ends Nov. 28
- 2014 Impact Solano Conference registration ends Nov. 19
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 20, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 6, 2014
- 2014 Commercial Real Estate Networking Reception at Sonoma Raceway registration ends at 2 p.m., Nov. 12
- Vacaville home renovator fined for lead removal
- People: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- Bay Club plans $10 million in work on Novato golf course acquisition
- Home development gets underway in Rohnert Park
- Business News: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Pacific Cycle to occupy large new Vacaville warehouse
- Top North Bay contractors of 2014
- Keysight fourth-quarter revenue rises 8%
- LumiGrow makes greenhouses glow with blue and red
- JDSU thin-film optics unit relaunches as startup
- CEO: Sonic already has ‘net neutrality’ plan
- TriVascular boosts revenue 43 percent, loses $13.9 million, extends borrowing
- People: Week of Nov. 10, 2014
- NonProfitEasy buys Atlanta crowdfunding startup
- Redwood Credit Union installing roof-top solar array
Accounting and Insurance
- Startup world: Finding funds, advice
- SoCo Nexus entrepreneurs
- Broker SSM Group renamed Arrow Benefits
- After Hours: Inaugural North Bay Centers for Disease Control Work@Health training
- Vantreo’s Lynne Wallace cuts premiums by curbing injuries
- Financial author: Estate planning requires facing tough questions
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness
- Business succession planning involves risk, tricky family dynamics
- Balancing fear, reality in the ACA
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Jerky lifts off: Sonoma startup sales top $50M 9,255 view(s) | posted on November 10, 2014
- 14 awarded for contributions to wine industry 6,360 view(s) | posted on November 13, 2014
- Solar tax credit expiration raises concerns 4,479 view(s) | posted on August 4, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 4,217 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Sonoma Clean Power plugs in big geothermal, solar deals 3,951 view(s) | posted on October 22, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections