FAIRFAX — Two and a half years after more than doubling the size of its Fairfax store after rehabilitation of a vacant supermarket, 44-year-old Good Earth Natural Foods wants to do it again, planning to open a store in the Tam Junction hamlet of Mill Valley about a year from now.
October 17, 2014
TriVascular Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRIV) announced Wednesday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved CustomSeal technology for its Ovation Prime System, used in abdominal aortal stent grafts to repair heart disease.
October 13, 2014
UPDATED 10/17: Pres. Obama appoints new Ebola ‘czar.’ World Health Organization official warns that 10,000 new Ebola cases a week could occur by December in West Africa unless the epidemic is stopped. The virus is infecting people in that area at the rate of a geometric progression, doubling about every 20 days. Uncontrolled, the virus could overwhelm the continent.
October 13, 2014
Sometimes a little education can slice a company’s employee injury rate to zero.
That’s the philosophy of Lynne Wallace, president and two-thirds owner of Vantreo Insurance Brokerage in Santa Rosa. Ms. Wallace sells workers’ compensation insurance to many of her customers, and she has made it her personal mission to chop their premiums down by re-educating their employees to adopt safe working habits.
October 13, 2014
Thanks to an early start to the 2014 North Coast winegrape season and moderate temperatures with serious weather issues in between, harvest started and wrapped early throughout the region, and tonnage appears to be larger than average over the past several years but smaller than last year’s record-breaker.
October 13, 2014
SEBASTOPOL — Like a number of North Coast vintners in recent years, Dennis Patton was in a crunch this year for wine tank storage at the three Mendocino County custom processors his negociant business uses. Then harvest came a month early, deliveries of bottled wine to a major retailer client were delayed, and he suddenly was caught without 100,000 gallons of desperately needed space.
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 6, 2014
- 2014 Commercial Real Estate Networking Reception at Sonoma Raceway registration ends Nov. 14
- 2014 Food & Ag Industry Conference registration ends Nov. 7
- 2014 Health Care Conference and Healthiest Companies Awards registration ends Nov. 14
- Impact Sonoma conference to cover timely topics
- Calendar: Week of Sept. 29, 2014
- Best Places to Work 2014: Chop’s Teen Club
- Best Places to Work 2014: Linkenheimer LLP CPAs & Advisors
- Leases & Sales: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Pacific Cycle to occupy large new Vacaville warehouse
- Cassidy Turley sees global ties in DTZ purchase
- Leases & Sales: Week of Sept. 29, 2014
- Best Places to Work 2014: Codding
- Wine logistics companies fill new American Canyon warehouses
- BioMarin growth pushes MCE Clean Energy to move, expand office
- Top Real Estate Projects in the North Bay nominations end Oct. 17
- Business News: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Top North Bay contractors of 2014
- Floyd Ridenhour and Holly Scherette: AgCredit facility big commitment to growth, brining ag groups together
- People News: Oct. 6, 2014
- Best Places to Work 2014: Adobe Associates
- Best Places to Work 2014: Summit Engineering, Inc.
- Best Places to Work 2014: PEP Housing
- Piner observatory seen as a tech-education model
- Ruthigen launches clinical trial of drug to fight antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- GC Micro could earn $10 million a year under NASA contract
- Ebola hot-zone suits: Nanotech gear promises more potent response
- Hamish Gray: Keysight’s separation from Agilent set for Nov. 3
- Droning onward
- Drones show high promise for assisting law enforcement
- Wells Fargo promotes Jim Foley to president of Bay region
- Financial author: Estate planning requires facing tough questions
- Business News: Week of Oct. 6, 2014
- Tri Counties Bank completes acquisition of North Valley
- California Bank & Trust names Michael Kadel senior VP for North Bay
- Business succession planning involves risk, tricky family dynamics
- Submission deadline: October 24, 2014Oct30Registration deadline: October 27, 2014Nov12Registration deadline: November 7, 2014Nov13Registration deadline: November 10, 2014Nov18Registration deadline: November 14, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness 11,910 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- New Keysight CEO kicks electronic measurement company into overdrive 5,645 view(s) | posted on September 22, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 5,242 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Cassidy Turley sees global ties in DTZ purchase 5,209 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Wal-Mart unveils Rohnert Park smaller-format store 5,172 view(s) | posted on September 24, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections