NOVATO and ZURICH — ACE Limited (NYSE: ACE) on Thursday said it signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company high-net-worth personal lines coverage business in the United States from Allianz for $365 million.
December 18, 2014
FAIRFIELD — NorthBay Healthcare on Thursday said it was informed it earned a top accreditation for its two Solano County hospitals from a national organization for quality nursing care.
December 16, 2014
The Petaluma City Council on Monday voted unanimously to join Sonoma Clean Power, following Rohnert Park’s move to join the electric agency in November.
December 15, 2014
Side effects from medication killed 117,750 people last year in the United States. At that rate, side effects would kill about 335 people in Sonoma, Marin and Napa counties this year.
A team of scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory harnessed potent supercomputers to simulate drug interactions on human tissue and identify potentially lethal problems.
The research project could have huge implications for the pharmaceutical industry, including such companies as San Rafael-based BioMarin and others in the North Bay.
December 15, 2014
NAPA — Vintners in Napa County and elsewhere in the North Bay have found it less expensive to haul high-strength wastewater to the East Bay for recycling, but Napa treatment officials are again asking if there is a better, closer alternative.
December 15, 2014
SANTA ROSA — California’s new health-benefits exchange greatly expanded coverage to millions of residents, but the costs of doing so may be difficult to contain, an overseer of the exchange said at the Business Journal’s Health Care Conference.
- Calendar: Week of Dec. 15, 2014
- 2015 Book of Lists Celebration registration ends Jan. 16
- Calendar: Week of Dec. 8, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Dec. 1, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Nov. 10, 2014
- 2014 Top Real Estate Projects in the North Bay registration ends Dec. 15
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards registration ends Nov. 28
- 2014 Impact Solano Conference registration ends Nov. 19
- Leases & Sales: Week of Dec. 15, 2014
- Leases & Sales: Week of Dec. 8, 2014
- Kenwood Investments buys Cornerstone Gardens in Sonoma
- Wood oven sales are on fire
- Leases & Sales: Week of Dec. 1, 2014
- Marin office vacancy drops amid company expansions
- Industrial projects follow Sonoma County retail activity
- Wine warehousing dominates Napa Valley construction
- Industrial projects, deals drive down Solano vacancy
- Cyan prices its $50 million of high-yield bonds
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: VingDirect
- Alzheimer’s patients sought for big Eli Lilly clinical trial
- Direct Flow Medical raises $32M more
- People: Week of Dec. 1, 2014
- BioMarin offers $840M for muscular dystrophy drug-maker
- BioMarin’s molecules yield miracles
- Survey: North Coast wineries feel healthier
- Meet the 2014 Wine Industry Awards-winners
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: Tom Hawkins, Don Sebastiani & Sons
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: Joy Sterling, Iron Horse Vineyards
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: All American Containers Pacific Coast
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: Lyve Systems
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: Maverick Enterprises
- Wine Industry Awards 2014: Monvera Glass Décor
Accounting and Insurance
- Wealth Matters: On ‘alternative investments,’ be aware of risks
- Fireman’s Fund shakes up leadership, structure
- North Bay brokers outline trends in 2015 health insurance
- Wealth Matters: How much and to whom in this season of giving?
- Startup world: Finding funds, advice
- SoCo Nexus entrepreneurs
- Broker SSM Group renamed Arrow Benefits
- After Hours: Inaugural North Bay Centers for Disease Control Work@Health training
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Vine Notes: Problems with wine price increases 14,416 view(s) | posted on November 28, 2014
- Napa wine, food company expands 5,227 view(s) | posted on November 24, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 4,825 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Kombucha maker, bakery plan big Petaluma expansions 4,802 view(s) | posted on December 1, 2014
- Solar tax credit expiration raises concerns 4,701 view(s) | posted on August 4, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Gary on Alzheimer’s patients sought for big Eli Lilly clinical trial
- Tom Kalbrener on Lessons from Napa quake recovery
Business Journal connections