Global wine giant E&J Gallo Winery, which has North Coast vineyards, brands and production facilities, on Tuesday said it has reached an agreement to purchase J Vineyards & Winery, a Russian River Valley producer best-known for its sparkling wines.
March 25, 2015
Almost all North Bay counties ranked higher among California counties in an annual national comparison of health metrics, with Sonoma County moving into the top 10, Napa County regaining its place in the top tier for the state and Mendocino County improving by nine places.
March 25, 2015
SANTA ROSA — Fundraising to build a permanent agricultural education center at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds has passed the halfway point toward the $1.9 million goal.
March 24, 2015
NAPA — A federal judge has ruled against a group of Wappo Indians who sought restoration of Napa County lands, a move that if sustained would make a plan for a casino in the valley fold.
March 23, 2015
Amy’s Kitchen, Inc., is recalling 73,897 cases of various products because a supplier of organic spinach warned the Petaluma-based vegetarian packaged food maker that it could be contaminated with listeria bacteria.
March 23, 2015
Before the Petaluma-based telecommunications network equipment and software developer went public with its stock two years ago, Cyan, Inc., took its open-floorplan central office partly private, and it’s newly outfitted expansion further demonstrates a number of modern office-design trends that are starting to appear in the North Bay.
While phone booths have been disappearing from streets and building lobbies since the cellphone revolution, they are making a comeback in the workplace, as quiet oases amid the bustle — whether energizing or frustrating — of floorplan configurations with fewer private offices and cubicles.
- 2015 Best Places to Work nominations close May 1
- Calendar: Week of March 23, 2015
- Business Journal announces 2015 Forty Under 40 winners
- Calendar: Week of March 16, 2015
- 2015 Forty Under 40 Winner Reception registration ends April 27
- 2015 Wine Industry Conference registration ends April 22
- 10th annual ‘Latinos in the Workplace’ conference March 26
- 2015 Women in Business nominations end April 6
- Regional climate adaptation forum set for April 8
- North Bay Commercial Real Estate Report for 2015
- North Bay commercial property builds on economic gains
- North Bay retail has little room to grow
- Northern Marin: Marin sales, lease activity continue to move north
- Southern Marin: Office deal rents climb 45%
- Marin County apartments: Rents rise 12% in 2014
- Napa Valley industrial & office: Strong demand, short supply fuel 1.1 million square feet of south valley industrial projects
- Napa Valley schools upgrade backbone tech
- Businesses find new home in long-vacant Novato building
- People: Week of March 16, 2015
- Sutter Santa Rosa hospital earns Gold LEED certification
- Historic Calistoga resort gets $24 million makeover
- Earthquake funds released for road repair
- Santa Rosa’s iconic Flamingo hotel gets a makeover
- Napa Valley Vintners gives $2M to youth building project
- Dick’s Sporting Goods in Santa Rosa to open Feb. 6
- Marin employers reflect on why they chose and plan to stay here
- Ruthigen plans merger with Pulmatrix
- JDSU in Santa Rosa to become Viavi Solutions
- Raptor drugs command huge potential
- TriVascular 2014 revenue rises 63 percent, loss hits $57 million
- Lionsgate puts ‘significant investment’ in Telltale
- Keysight overcomes currency weakness in Japan, Russia to report 4% revenue gain
- Ultragenyx plans $125 million stock offering
- Warren Capital fees climb to $818,000
- Wells Fargo promotes Morgan to S.F. president
- Transforming a bank: Interview with Tom Duryea of Summit State Bank
- Wealth Matters: 10 steps to teaching children about money
- Global investment options amid economic stimulus
- Newsom to keynote Impact Marin conference March 5
- $577,000 in fees billed in Warren Capital case
- Sonoma Valley winery cites row with lender in Chapter 11 filing
- Wine lending expands as sales rise
NBBJ publications & materials
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Solano’s Icon preparing for takeoff 8,215 view(s) | posted on March 16, 2015
- Spadarotto named Coppola successor CEO 6,324 view(s) | posted on March 2, 2015
- Business Journal announces 2015 Forty Under 40 winners 5,829 view(s) | posted on March 16, 2015
- New take on wine coolers: Can it be cooler? 5,420 view(s) | posted on March 9, 2015
- Craft brewing boosts county economy 4,702 view(s) | posted on March 2, 2015
Latest reader comments
- Pat Lang on Designing the new workplace
- Dorthea Johnson on Just Desserts finds expansion sweet spot in Fairfield
Business Journal connections