SANTA ROSA — M.A. Silva, a top global maker of cork, glass and packaging, broke ground on a 70,000-square-foot new manufacturing facility across from its existing north Santa Rosa facility.
October 31, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Two panels of specialty food industry leaders will be among the speakers at the Nov. 12 Food & Agriculture Industry Conference with keynote Gary Hirshberg, chairman and co-founder of the world’s largest organic yogurt company.
“From Mr. Hirschberg to Krave — recently named to the Inc. 5000 of fastest-growing companies — and Hip Chick chicken fingers — on fire in the market — we are covering a broad range of interesting stories from the specialty food industry,” said Brad Bollinger, Business Journal publisher.
October 30, 2014
SAN RAFAEL — Autodesk, a technology company that got its name selling computer-aided-design and computer-aided manufacturing software, reported Thursday that its Spark Investment Fund will put $100 million over the next few years into innovative companies that develop 3-D printing.
October 30, 2014
SANTA ROSA — First Community Bank on Thursday reported that agriculture-industry veteran Ron Carli has joined its 10-member board of directors.
Mr. Carli retired from his position as president and CEO of American AgCredit, where he worked for 36 years.
“He is well known for his extensive portfolio of community service,” said President and CEO Debbie Meekins. “Ron embodies the spirit of our mission to be Sonoma County’s choice for businesses and individuals.”
October 28, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Summit State Bank (Nasdaq: SSBI) on Tuesday reported net income of $1.2 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, up 6 percent from a year before.
“Our performance continues to be driven by our strong community banking team,” said Tom Duryea, president and CEO.
October 27, 2014
ROHNERT PARK and HEALDSBURG — There’s a new kid on the medical-device block in Sonoma County. Joining Medtronic, TriVascular and more than a dozen smaller device makers is Hemotek Medical Inc., a tiny company with a good idea and backing from the U.S. Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant program.
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards registration ends Nov. 28
- 2014 Impact Solano Conference registration ends Nov. 17
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 20, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Oct. 6, 2014
- 2014 Commercial Real Estate Networking Reception at Sonoma Raceway registration ends Nov. 14
- 2014 Food & Ag Industry Conference registration ends Nov. 7
- 2014 Health Care Conference and Healthiest Companies Awards registration ends Nov. 14
- Leases & Sales: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- Leases & Sales: Week of Oct. 20, 2014
- Leases & Sales: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Pacific Cycle to occupy large new Vacaville warehouse
- Cassidy Turley sees global ties in DTZ purchase
- Leases & Sales: Week of Sept. 29, 2014
- Best Places to Work 2014: Codding
- Wine logistics companies fill new American Canyon warehouses
- People: Week of Oct. 27, 2014
- Bay Club plans $10 million in work on Novato golf course acquisition
- Home development gets underway in Rohnert Park
- Business News: Week of Oct. 13, 2014
- Top North Bay contractors of 2014
- Floyd Ridenhour and Holly Scherette: AgCredit facility big commitment to growth, brining ag groups together
- People News: Oct. 6, 2014
- Impact Sonoma conference to cover timely topics
- Covered California board member Kennedy to keynote Nov. 18 conference
- FDA approves TriVascular sealant technology for heart operations
- Obama appoints Ebola ‘czar’ to control disease that threatens to overwhelm Africa
- Vantreo’s Lynne Wallace cuts premiums by curbing injuries
- Piner observatory seen as a tech-education model
Accounting and Insurance
- Broker SSM Group renamed Arrow Benefits
- After Hours: Inaugural North Bay Centers for Disease Control Work@Health training
- Financial author: Estate planning requires facing tough questions
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness
- Business succession planning involves risk, tricky family dynamics
- Balancing fear, reality in the ACA
- Nov12Registration deadline: November 7, 2014Nov13Registration deadline: November 10, 2014Nov18Registration deadline: November 14, 2014Nov21Registration deadline: November 17, 2014Dec2Registration deadline: November 28, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- How winery owners can preserve legacy, fairness 8,983 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- 100-plus-employee companies struggle with Obamacare regs 5,803 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
- Obama appoints Ebola ‘czar’ to control disease that threatens to overwhelm Africa 5,505 view(s) | posted on October 13, 2014
- Wal-Mart unveils Rohnert Park smaller-format store 4,619 view(s) | posted on September 24, 2014
- Cassidy Turley sees global ties in DTZ purchase 3,453 view(s) | posted on September 29, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections