While jobless rates increased in North Bay in January because of seasonal job shifts, the region had net gains of at least 16,800 jobs in January from a year before, according to state figures released Friday.
March 7, 2014
HEALDSBURG — Truett-Hurst, Inc., (Nasdaq: THST) on Thursday said it is shifting to a U.S. supplier of the novel cardboard-and-internal-bag bottle for its Paper Boy wine brand and noted that the change would slightly increase costs.
The company has signed a multiyear contract with a soon-to-be-disclosed domestic manufacturer.
“At the time we entered the agreement in February 2013, there wasn’t any other paper bottle supplier in the world; this was cutting-edge.”
March 7, 2014
NAPA — A San Francisco-based commercial real estate investor expanded its North Bay holdings with the purchase of four south Napa wine warehouses with 239,000 square feet of space all together.
“This was the largest transaction that has taken place in this market this year,” a broker of the deal said.
March 4, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Monthly commercial air travel at the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport was greater in February than during the same month in 2013, according to the airport’s monthly passenger report.
March 4, 2014
NOVATO — Economic development agencies and life sciences officials across the North Bay are collaborating to draw more biotechnology companies to the region, spurred by recent efforts from the City of Novato and a study by the Marin Economic Forum that found Marin County’s economy has benefited significantly from the industry.
March 4, 2014
SAN RAFAEL — The supply of water in Marin County and California’s ongoing drought, the future of public transportation with the forthcoming SMART rail and how the county’s biggest hospital will be rebuilt amid a health care reform-driven landscape will be the focus of the Business Journal’s Impact Marin conference.
- Journal names 20 recipients of Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Calendar: Week of March 3, 2014
- 2014 Corporate Philanthropy Awards Luncheon registration ends March 25
- Charitable Events: Calendar of Events 2014
- Calendar: Week of Feb. 24, 2014
- 2014 Wine Industry Conference registration ends April 18
- Marin water, transportation focus of March 13 Impact conference
- Calendar: Week of Feb. 17, 2014
- New investor leads 3,000-home Fairfield station project
- Hundreds of apartments in Napa pipeline
- Leases and sales: Week of March 3, 2014
- Rafael Town Center sold for $50M
- Commercial Real Estate: Industrial space market sizzles in 2013
- Leases and sales: Week of Feb. 24, 2014
- Leases and sales: Week of Feb. 17, 2014
- Mike’s Bikes to expand HQ in Novato move
- Nova Group sold to big Houston energy contractor
- People: Week of March 3, 2014
- Wine storer plans Healdsburg custom crush
- Sonoma Valley health center breaks ground on new facility
- People: Week of Feb. 17, 2014
- After Hours: Engineering Contractors Assn. (ECA) Installation and Awards Dinner
- Sonoma County supervisors approve project labor agreement policy
- Powering the Bottom Line: Labcon discovers financial, marketing benefits of solar
- BioMarin loss expands in 2013 on rampup for key products
- Autodesk business shift clouds fourth-quarter financials
- Shares of BioMarin shoot up after FDA approval
- Meritage expands ACO with new providers, technology
- Business News: Week of Feb. 24, 2014
- Claret Medical gets OK to start brain-clot prevention testing
- Exchange Bank’s Schrader to retire; Hartwick named president
- Redwood Trust earnings rise 31% in 2013 despite tougher year-end
- Exchange Bank increases dividend as outlook improves; will boost SRJC scholarships
- People: Week of Feb. 24, 2014
- Banking: Rabobank plans Santa Rosa Third Street branch
- Business News: Week of Feb. 17, 2014
Accounting and Insurance
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Wine storer plans Healdsburg custom crush 4,378 view(s) | posted on February 17, 2014
- North Coast winegrape crop in 2013 sets new records 4,107 view(s) | posted on February 10, 2014
- Land purchase moves Bear Republic toward ‘destination brewery’ 4,033 view(s) | posted on February 10, 2014
- Direct Flow poised to nearly double in size 3,228 view(s) | posted on February 17, 2014
- Brewers finding it easier to access capital 2,706 view(s) | posted on February 10, 2014
Latest reader comments
- Pablo del Lago on Grape Market Insights: Drought, frost, competition and other discontents
- Lucy Barnett on Exchange Bank’s Schrader to retire; Hartwick named president
Business Journal connections