NAPA — When Margrit Mondavi came to Napa Valley five decades ago from South Dakota, she saw an economy that was still reeling from Prohibition yet fostering about 20 makeshift saloons along the dirt streets of a Yountville sans French Laundry. The valley did have wine, though it did lack the sophisticated culture Robert Mondavi and she pioneered in the succeeding years.
During a 42-minute recorded interview at the Business Journal’s Impact Napa Conference, she shared thoughts on how the two developed the business to where it is now.
September 18, 2014
NAPA CARNEROS — Two months after acquiring a 100,000-case-a-year winery on the Napa County side of Los Carneros winegrowing region, a Southern California health care products entrepreneur purchased a 10-acre vineyard near St. Helena to source cabernet sauvignon grapes for a new high-end brand.
September 17, 2014
SAN RAFAEL — MCE Clean Energy, a public, not-for-profit electricity provider that gives customers a choice of having much or all of their electricity supplied from renewable sources such as solar, wind, bioenergy, geothermal and hydroelectric, will move into a new San Rafael office next spring to make way for a growing biopharmaceutical company.
September 16, 2014
NORTH BAY — Startups and entrepreneurs will have a chance this Friday to present their business ideas to prospective investors at the North Bay Innovation Expo, sponsored by SoCo Nexus.
September 15, 2014
NAPA — A local company thinks its new technology for isolating a room or a portion of it from violent earthquake motion enough to protect priceless ancient statues in a museum could also save tall tanks and stacks of barrels such as those that twisted, toppled and ruptured in the recent south Napa major shaker.
September 15, 2014
SANTA ROSA — The number of passengers on commercial airline flights through Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport last month were 5.1 percent higher than a year before — a monthly record — and the total passenger count so far this year is 2.9 percent ahead of the pace last year, according to figures released Monday.
- 2014 Nonprofit Conference & Leadership Awards registration ends Oct. 27
- Top Real Estate Projects in the North Bay nominations end Oct. 17
- Elsie Allen health, job fair set for Sept. 18
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations end Oct. 17
- Stonyfield’s Hirshberg to speak at Food and Ag Conference
- Calendar: Week of Sept. 15, 2014
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations: Winnovation Awards
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations: Supplier Awards
- Wine rack, accessories supplier to double size in Petaluma move
- Corrections & Amplifications: Sapheon M&A representation; Christopherson name
- Christophersons renovate a homebuilding tradition
- Tough rules help Napa schools ride quake
- Meritage undergoes $8 million makeover
- Governor seeks federal disaster declaration for Napa quake
- Submission deadline: September 19, 2014Oct10Registration deadline: October 6, 2014Submission deadline: October 17, 2014Submission deadline: October 17, 2014Oct30Registration deadline: October 27, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Twenty North Bay companies make national fastest-growing list 14,006 view(s) | posted on August 20, 2014
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work 8,421 view(s) | posted on August 21, 2014
- ‘Creative Sonoma’ plan seeks cultural, economic boost 5,727 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- Wealth Managers survey: Loren Kertz, Charles Schwab 4,843 view(s) | posted on September 1, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground 4,835 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections