NAPA — While the full extent of damages to Napa County’s wine and related businesses from Sunday’s earthquake won’t be known for days or weeks, county emergency-response officials have reached out to 164 local wineries and have heard from about half so far that their estimated damages top $38 million.
August 27, 2014
NAPA — The Napa County Board of Supervisors is set to meet Thursday afternoon to hear about initial damage estimates from the recent earthquake and vote on a request for federal emergency money.
Damage estimates inside the city of Napa top $300 million so far.
August 27, 2014
Napa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Marc Luce will give an update at Thursday’s Impact Napa – Wine conference on earthquake-recovery efforts.
August 25, 2014
Wine and related businesses need to take a long view backward and forward at tensions and traditions behind the character, speed and scale of the growth of Napa Valley’s biggest industry.
That will be the focus for an interview with Margrit Mondavi and two panel discussions at the Impact Napa Conference this Thursday.
Building on Mrs. Mondavi’s background in promoting Napa Valley as a wine-focused destination, the first conference panel will focus on the intersection of agritourism, which keeps the economy vital in the global marketplace, and the desire to preserve agriculture.
Drawing on Mrs. Mondavi’s experience in blending the wine industry traditions of pre- and post-Prohibition with new ways to broaden the experience of wine, the second conference panel will focus on the next generation of the wine business.
August 22, 2014
wo events in the last two weeks bode well for the North Bay economy. First was the decision by fast-growing organic food producer Amy’s Kitchen to undertake a 150-employee expansion in Santa Rosa.Secondly, Labcon of Petaluma announced it leased substantial space to a global medical device sterilization lab, Synergy Health.
August 22, 2014
SANTA ROSA — Claret Medical, a Santa Rosa-based company that develops systems to cut the incidence of strokes during heart surgery, on Friday disclosed an $18 million round of new funds. The money will be used to complete clinical trials of the company’s Sentinel Cerebral Protection System, which filters debris that might travel to the brain during a transcatheter aortic heart valve replacement surgery.
- Marinnovation 2014 set for Sept. 16 in San Rafael
- Calendar: Week of Aug. 25, 2014
- Healthiest companies in the North Bay nominations end Sept. 19
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work
- Calendar: Week of Aug. 18, 2014
- 2014 Best Places to Work awards gala reception registration ends Sept. 15
- Calendar: Week of Aug. 11, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Aug. 4, 2014
- Impact Napa to include discussion of ag preserve
- Business News: Week of Aug. 25, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground
- Warehouser eyes sixth site as wine sales grow
- Leases & Sales: Week of Aug. 18, 2014
- Business News: Week of Aug. 18, 2014
- Labcon leases Petaluma facility to Synergy Health
- Amy’s Kitchen to employ 150 at new Santa Rosa plant
- Commercial Real Estate: Lowenberg buys 314,000sf of wine warehouses
- $67M sought for Hwy. 101 Windsor-Geyserville rehab
- Sutter hospital harnesses clean fuel cells for power
- Ygrene raises $30 million in new funding
- Profiles of 2014 CFO Awards-winners
- 2014 CFO Awards: David Brown, Adobe Associates, Inc.
- 2014 CFO Awards: Pam Fischer, Summit Engineering, Inc.
- People: Week of Aug. 11, 2014
- Solar tax credit expiration raises concerns
- Impact Napa Conference 2014: Caleb Mosley, Quintessa
- Impact Napa Conference 2014: Dennis Groth, Groth Vineyards & Winery
- Impact Napa Conference 2014: Alex Ryan, Duckhorn Wine Company
- Impact Napa Conference 2014: Perry Hoffman, Étoile at Domaine Chandon
- Impact Napa Conference 2014: Vanessa Robledo, Black Coyote Winery
- Aug28Preregistration is closed. Call 707-521-5264 or register at the door.Submission deadline: September 5, 2014Sep18Registration deadline: September 15, 2014Submission deadline: September 19, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse PollLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Twenty North Bay companies make national fastest-growing list 10,934 view(s) | posted on August 20, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground 6,339 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- Solar tax credit expiration raises concerns 5,021 view(s) | posted on August 4, 2014
- DuMol building winery in Windsor 4,688 view(s) | posted on March 31, 2008
- North Coast plays host to 20 Cuban sommeliers 4,564 view(s) | posted on July 23, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections