NAPA — President Barack Obama declared a major federal disaster area in the southern Napa Valley area to help victims of the 6.0-magnitude earthquake near Napa that occurred on Aug. 24.
September 11, 2014
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH), which has 15 stores in the North Bay, on Thursday described efforts to obtain financing needed to keep the giant chain out of bankruptcy.
September 10, 2014
Telecommunications equipment maker JDSU, headquartered in Milpitas but with significant operations in southwest Santa Rosa, Wednesday said it will split into two publicly traded companies in efforts to jolt its tepid growth.
September 9, 2014
NAPA — The Aug. 24 south Napa earthquake caused more than $80 million in damages and losses to wineries in the county, according to a wine-focused bank estimate presented Tuesday to Napa County officials.
September 8, 2014
SAN RAFAEL — Cal-Bay Systems, a 23-year-old developer of test, measurement and monitoring tools for high-technology equipment used in medicine, aerospace and the military, on Monday said it has been acquired by a similar but much larger Montreal-based company that had been looking for certain expertise and a West Coast foothold.
September 8, 2014
If you were in Napa or elsewhere in the Bay Area on Sunday, Aug. 24, the earth moved under your feet in a 6.0 earthquake, the most powerful since Loma Prieta in 1989. Though the sky didn’t come tumbling down, lots of wine barrels did, along with unreinforced masonry. Some 15,000 PG&E customers lost power, and there were a half dozen fires.
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations: Winnovation Awards
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations: Supplier Awards
- 2014 Wine Industry Awards nominations: Individual Awards
- Nominations for Healthiest Companies awards close Sept. 19
- Calendar: Week of Sept. 8, 2014
- Calendar: Week of Sept. 1, 2014
- 2014 Impact Sonoma Conference registration ends Oct. 6
- Marinnovation 2014 set for Sept. 16 in San Rafael
- Calendar: Week of Aug. 25, 2014
- Business News: Week of Sept. 8, 2014
- People: Week of Sept. 8, 2014
- Leases & Sales: Week of Sept. 8, 2014
- Leases & Sales: Week of Sept. 1, 2014
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work
- Large Napa warehouses break ground
- Warehouser eyes sixth site as wine sales grow
- Leases & Sales: Week of Aug. 18, 2014
- Christophersons renovate a homebuilding tradition
- Tough rules help Napa schools ride quake
- Meritage undergoes $8 million makeover
- Governor seeks federal disaster declaration for Napa quake
- $67M sought for Hwy. 101 Windsor-Geyserville rehab
- Sutter hospital harnesses clean fuel cells for power
- Ygrene raises $30 million in new funding
- Profiles of 2014 CFO Awards-winners
- Sep18Registration deadline: September 15, 2014Submission deadline: September 19, 2014Oct10Registration deadline: October 6, 2014
New NBBJ publication
NBBJ Pulse Poll
Does your business have an emergency-response plan?
- Yes (41%, 7 votes)
- Needs to be updated (6%, 1 votes)
- Preparing one now (0%, 0 votes)
- No (12%, 2 votes)
- Don't know (41%, 7 votes)
Total voters: 17
Polling period: September 3, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – September 10, 2014 @ 12:00 pmLoading ...
Most popular recent items
- Twenty North Bay companies make national fastest-growing list 13,497 view(s) | posted on August 20, 2014
- Journal announces 2014 Best Places to Work 7,944 view(s) | posted on August 21, 2014
- Large Napa warehouses break ground 7,103 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- ‘Creative Sonoma’ plan seeks cultural, economic boost 5,668 view(s) | posted on August 18, 2014
- Wealth Managers survey: Loren Kertz, Charles Schwab 4,587 view(s) | posted on September 1, 2014
Latest reader comments
Business Journal connections