SACRAMENTO — Covered California, the state’s online health exchange established under the Affordable Care Act, today announced that 13 commercial health plans will take part in its individual marketplace, while introducing premiums that vary from region to region.
May 23, 2013
The North Bay Business Journal presents the 2013 Women in Business (Leaders, Innovators & Visionaries) Awards Dinner Gala on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Doubletree in Rohnert Park. Keynote speaker: Jamie Moldafsky, Executive V.P., Chief Marketing Officer, Wells Fargo & Co.
May 22, 2013
SANTA ROSA — Some 640 union nurses at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital said they would go on strike for a fourth time in less than a year, as the St. Joseph Health-owned hospital and the local union continue tense negotiations over unresolved labor issues.
The Staff Nurses’ Association, an independent union based in Santa Rosa, issued a statement saying the strike, planned for Thursday, May 23 at 5 a.m. and ending May 25 at 5a.m., is in response to “onerous, sub-market proposals” from Memorial. The union has been in negotiations with the 278-bed hospital since last August.
May 21, 2013
NAPA COUNTY — The groundbreaking for a 154-acre mixed use development near the city of Napa, Napa Pipe, moved a few steps closer Tuesday, after the Napa County Board of Supervisors voted to close public comment and have county staff spend the next two weeks ironing out a few final details for special zoning measures that would help facilitate the project’s construction.
May 21, 2013
SANTA ROSA — Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT) today said it would cut 2,000 jobs across the company as a result of “manufacturing consolidation efforts,” while reporting that its Cardiac and Vascular Group, which includes operations in Santa Rosa, had worldwide sales of more than $2.3 billion for an increase of 5 percent over the year.
A Medtronic spokeswoman told the Business Journal that approximately half the job cuts will take place overseas.
May 21, 2013
Visitors to Sonoma County spent $1.47 billion in 2011, a more than 9 percent increase over 2010, according to the latest figures released by Visit California.
May 20, 2013
SANTA ROSA — GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (GTAT), a U.S. supplier of manufacturing equipment for solar and energy-efficient lighting products, has announced the acquisition of Thermal Technology LLC of Santa Rosa in a deal that values the supplier of high-temperature furnaces at more than $14.7 million.
- Raptor to relocate headquarters to Hamilton
- People: Week of May 13, 2013
- Leases and sales: Week of May 13, 2013
- A tough real estate lesson: Understand the loan documents
- Business News: Week of May 6, 2013
- Leases and sales: Week of May 6, 2013
- Big projects to start in Fairfield, Petaluma
- Top North Bay commercial real estate deals and deal-makers
- Leases and sales: Week of April 29, 2013
- Business News: Week of May 20, 2013
- SSU student center nears completion
- Marin multifamily housing developer plans $500 million in projects
- Construction: Novato game maker builds Petaluma ‘mocap’ studio
- North Coast hospital upgrades exceed half-billion dollars
- Improving home market lifts builder outlook
- Petaluma retail project a decade in the making
- Casino operator hires for full house upon opening
- As markets climb, wealth managers stress long-term planning
- Earnings quadruple at Hennessy Advisors
- Strategic rebalancing key in portfolio management
- North Bay SBA lending up fiscal year’s first half
- Spotlight: SBA lenders 2013
- Hennessy Advisors second-quarter earnings rise 400%
- Banking: Bank of Marin CFO leaves for First Cal; American AgCredit issues largest-ever dividend
Accounting and Insurance
Business Journal connections
2013 Forty Under 40 winners
The Business Journal named winners of its seventh-annual Forty Under 40 awards, selected from more than 130 nominees.
Winners were chosen on the basis of their leadership in companies and organizations as well as their participation within the community across the North Bay. [read winner profiles]
Most popular recent items
- 2013 Forty Under 40 winner profiles 11,419 view(s) | posted on April 29, 2013
- Napa, Sonoma winery-direct shipments rise 8%, 10% in 2012 4,915 view(s) | posted on April 18, 2013
- Studies: 3 million annual Napa Valley visitors spend $1.4 billion 4,121 view(s) | posted on April 25, 2013
- Wine industry must grapple with big health care, tax, estate changes 3,907 view(s) | posted on April 22, 2013
- Business grapples with impact of Sonoma Clean Power 3,590 view(s) | posted on April 26, 2013
Latest reader comments
- Rebecca Calley on Memorial nurses stage strike today through Thursday
- sandy hernandez on Santa Rosa Community Health Centers nears building purchase to open dental clinic