North Bay Business Journal
427 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Newsroom fax: 707-521-5292
On social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
Subscription changes or questions
To subscribe to the Business Journal, click here.
Questions: email | 707-521-5264
Registration | email | 707-521-5264
Tiana Sandoval, events development manager | 707-521-4252
Nancy O’Connor | email | 707-521-4244
2015 editorial calendar
Print advertising production specifications:
- Business Journal weekly issues and full-sized special publications
- Business Journal magazine-sized special publications
- Website advertising specifications
Editor in Chief and Publisher
Brad Bollinger | email | 707-521-4251
Opinion/Editorial page submissions
email | 707-521-4251
James Dunn | email | 707-521-4257
- Technology editor
- Coverage: Technology, banking, finance, accounting, manufacturing, law
Jeff Quackenbush | email | 707-521-4256
- Interactive editor and staff reporter
- Coverage: Construction, commercial real estate, wine and other industries
Cynthia Sweeney | email | 707-521-4259
- Staff reporter
- Coverage: Health care, hospitality, residential real estate, employment, insurance and other industries
Loralee Stevens | email | 707-473-8199
Gary Quackenbush | email | 707-322-1882
Research (Book of Lists, ListsOnline and Charitable Events Calendar)
Joann DiNova, research director | email | 707-521-4254
Cindy Madden, production manager | email | 707-521-5270
- Production specifications: See the specifications above.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I purchase the current issue or a back issue of the Business Journal?
The current issue of the Business Journal is available for sale at a number of North Bay locations. The latest issue and copies of back editions are available for purchase from the Business Journal publishing offices. See this list of locations where copies are available.
Where do I send press releases for the People and Business Register sections (Calendar, Leases and Sales, Business News)?
Send people news to email@example.com, calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org, business news briefs to email@example.com and commercial real estate leases and sales transactions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The other option is to fax items to 707-521-5292.
Use these formats for commercial real estate transactions:
- Template: size in square feet at address, city; property type, renewal (if applicable); tenant; procuring agent of brokerage; property owner; listing agent of brokerage; date of transaction (date of occupancy)
- Example: 20,000sf at 123 Healthful Profits St., Novato; office, renewal; Awesome, LLC; John Smith of Top Deals Real Estate; Best Properties, LP; Jane Doe of Even Better Commercial; Jan. 11 (March 1)
- Template: size in square feet for buildings or units for multifamily or acres for land at address, city; property type; buyer; procuring agent of brokerage; seller; listing agent of brokerage; date of transaction; value
- Example: 15,000sf at 345 In the Black Ave., Napa; office; Big Returns, LLC; Frank Agent of Trustworthy Real Estate; Cap Rate King, Inc.; Shirley Goode Deelz of Bet Your Bottom Dollar Commercial; Jan. 9; $3 million
- Example: 3ac at 1600 Red Hot Revenue Rd., Fairfield; residential land; Home of Margin, Inc.; Deale Hownd of Needle in Haystack Realty; Good Development, LLC; Top O’List of Hoisting Sales; Feb. 29; $900,000
- Example: 1,791 units at 55 REIT St., Santa Rosa; multifamily; Trust U.S.; Selle Moore of High Roller Investment Services; Appreciated Properties, LLC; Listem Sellem of Quick Turn Realty; Dec. 31; $268 million
Please send item at least two weeks prior to the issue date you would like to see it appear in. Each issue is published on Mondays.
How do I know if/when my press released appeared in the paper?
Because of the high volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each press release or inquiry about whether a particular item will appear in the paper. To see if your item appeared in the paper, please use the search function on this Web site. Items appear in the publication at the editors’ discretion.
How do I get my organization’s event featured on the After Hours page?
Send digital photos to by email to email@example.com or mail photos or a photo CD to 427 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401, Attention: Production. Please do not send emails larger than 7 MB.
All submissions must include captions identifying people (from left to right) with their business affiliation and the name, location and date of the event and the name of company or organization holding it. After Hours photos appear in the publication at the editors’ discretion.
What file formats does the news department accept via email?
Digital photos can be sent as jpg, tiff or gif files. Text can be sent as a Word document or PDF. Zipped files will not be opened. Photos embedded in Word and PDF documents cannot be used.
How do I send a letter to the editor?
You can send a letter of 600 words or less to the attention of Letter to the Editor by email or by mail to 427 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401 or by fax to 707-579-8475.
See the paper’s policy on publication of letters and website comments.
What should I do if I want to use Business Journal content on my website?
See the Business Journal‘s copyright policy.